-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-27-2004, 05:56 PM
lazydrifter lazydrifter is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1983 Toyota charging problem

I went on vacation for 2 weeks and left my truck sitting. When I got back I started her up and my charging light and brake light came on. I checked my belt and looked around and could not see anything wrong. I was told by a friend and then the Toyota service department that the brake light and charging light work together. I pulled my alternator and took it down to the auto electric shop and they checked it and said it was shot. They said it was not rebuildable and that I had probably blown my voltage rgulator too. So I bought a rebuilt alternator and a new voltage regulator and installed them. Well the charging light and brake light are still on. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts