-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-26-2004, 02:21 PM
osumecheng osumecheng is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Power steering fluid color?

I have an 03 Sierra and needed to put alittle bit of power steering fluid in it. I went and bought the fluid from the dealership so I would have the same fluid in it. Well the new fluid is a light colored oil and what is in the pump is a dark brownish color. I only have 15,000 miles on the truck so I wouldn't think the fluid is dirty or burnt. Is this what color the fluid should be?? I am questioning whether or not to put this new stuff in there.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
craigix craigix is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know exactly what you mean and i cannot find an answer to this either.

It looks like a diffrent fluid, it looks more like oil.

-Craig
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2004, 02:37 AM
rollie1960 rollie1960 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Power steering fluid color?

If not happy with color buy a suction tube, drain pump oil. Most food stores have these I know that my Mom would use one on our Turkey for removing oil or adding spices this suction tube works great and it beats removing the pump well its an idea. Good luck! RS
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > GMC > Sierra


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts