|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
I just picked up a 95 Wagon. It has an (typical Ford) electrical problem.
The keyless entry does not work. Lifting the door handle or pressing a keyless entry key does not light up the keypad, door lock, or interior. The remote does not work. The interior lights do not come on when I open the drivers door. The interior lights do not come on when any other door is opened unless the driver's door is open The interior lights will not come on using the rheostat The doors do not autolock. However: If the drivers door and any other door is opened the interior lights come on. The remote will operate the door and hatch locks. I checked the ground located beside the drivers seat and cleaned it up "just in case". I checked the connectors near the ground beside the door. I checked the connectors at the relay / logic box on the left rear quarter panel. Cleaned the grounds near the box... What am I missing? |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
Hehe i have the oposite problem the lights stay on all the time and drain my battery i had to pull out the lightbulb.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
check the thread before this one with the internal light problems ..may or may not help in your scenario!
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
Did you find the problem? I am now having a simular problem. The interior lights, radio, keyless entery, electric mirrors, and door locks do not work. When i push the unlock button the parking lights come on. I replaced the 15amp fuse in cavity 8 but it burns out after a few seconds. I hear a clicking sound coming from the left rear quarter panel and discovered the black box behind the panel. Its the keyless entry box with 3 connectors and lots of wires. It stinks like it could be burt out but not sure...........not sure where to go from here.........1995 for taurus station wagon
Last edited by shorod; 02-02-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Duplicate post, this one is more applicable. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
According to the factory service manual, Fuse 8 of the Instrument Panel fuse panel does provide power for the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) module. So between that fuse blowing the and burning odor from the module, it seems likely that the module has a problem. Power for the parking light flash of the RKE module is provided via a separate 40 amp fuse in the Engine Compartment Fuse Box.
-Rod |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
I just fixed mine. I went to the junk yard and for about $8 including tax i got a replacment Keyless entry black box found inside the left rear panel behind the spare tire. Has 3 plugs of wires and a wire that looks like and antenna wire for an old radio. I pulled the one out of the old junk car(1994) and put it in mine (1995) and now everything works great. The combination code for the keyless entry is on the box. I also got lucky and found a sticker label in the glovebox with matching numbers to replace the existing ones. Now i have to remember my new code number!
I think what caused my problem from the start was a battery charger. That car sat for a few weeks and the battery went dead. I put an old sears 6amp 12 volt battery charger on it over night and the car started right up......BUT then my wife noticed some things were not working correctly afterwards. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 95 Wagon RKE / Power Lock / Courtesy Light problems
One of the nice things about the old keyless entry modules is the default 5-digit code could be changed by moving the resistors around inside the module to the code you want.
You can also set a "user defined" code that will also work, in addition to the default code. Maybe you want to change your user defined code to match that of the code you used to have. There are steps in the owner's manual to explain the process. -Rod |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|