-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-18-2004, 03:20 PM
doug pre doug pre is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 93 Ranger Transmission Problem

I have a 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2 wheal drive, 4 cylinder with automatic transmission.The problem is when the transmission gets up to operating temperatures it will not change into gears smoothly. It starts out slipping (RPMs jump up) between second and third to the point I must lift from the throttle to make it engage. The longer I drive it the worse it gets between all gears when I have to stop or slow way down and go through the gears. I am fortunate enough to only work 10 miles away from home with only a couple of stop lights in between. The transmission fluid looks good and the level is fine. Does this sound like a major problem that is going to require a re-build or an exterior problem ?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts