|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
shaking at all speeds...
ok, i have just purchased an 01 sc2 (yellow)
I have goen over this thing with a fine tooth comb, and so have the mechanics at work. I have a constant shimy/shake from the front whiel driving at all speeds. I have replaced all the mounts/dog bones, and also had my tires checked. I think it could be eitehr the tie rods, or the cv shafts/boots/ujoints. it is defiantely int he fron end somewhere as we noticed it on our drive clean machine. It is starting to annoy me very much, and would like to get it solved. I know for a fact it is not the tires, not only have i had them balanced again, but i had these rims/rubber on my 94 sc1 and had no problem at all. Please help. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: shaking at all speeds...
HEY! you have the special edition SC2 don't you? if you ever think about selling it, i know a place online where alot of people might like it. anyway....
did you check the brakes? they maybe warped, or it may be a wheel bearing. do you have access to a dial indicatior? this may help you also - http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...p/photo/15886/ |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
yeah i already checked those. I was going down the highway this morning, and got to about 140, and the vibration seemd to go away.. it was funny, it stayed away for a bit, but came back after i made a few turns after getting off, but is not as bad now as before, but i am starting to lean really towards a cv shaft being inbalanced.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: shaking at all speeds...
its possible, but i have no clue how to test it, besides just looking for any dents
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|