|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Engine Swap
Ok, this might be a really dumb question to ask, but, whatever. I have decided that handa engines suck a little too much for my tastes, is tehre any possible way to stick a nissan engine in a type-s?
__________________
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Don't know, but I do know that we don't have handa engines in the TypeS!
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
why why why??????
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
It is possible, depends on the cash you have.
And WHY? The RSX engine has already been able to hit so much power that the car couldn't handle it (wheel spin even in 6th gear). Highest HP was 645hp and 482tq at 28PSI and its first ever run was an 11.6. There's also a 550hp RSX that uns high 11s. If you don't like the Honda engine might as well just get another car.
__________________
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
eh...
__________________
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Engine Swap
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
Yup! The Honda mechanicals are what makes it the car it is, pretty much second only (and by a small margin) to Lexus/Toyota.
__________________
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
I know, but i want more torque, I saw the 482tq, but how much money was put into that?? Nissan engines typically have more torque all through the tach. My friend just got an 03, maxima SE 6spd, that thing with just slicks can run a 13. I have to have at least 3 mods on the RSX-S. I want the acura rsx because it is sexy, and if I cant put a nissan engine in it, I guess I will just have to build it up and stomp his maxima.
(I realize I am comparing a 6cyl to a 4cyl)
__________________
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
What is the point of this thread. It's like buying a box of Honey-Nut Cheerios because you thought the little bee on the box was cool...then complaining when you got it home, opened the box and it wasn't full of Lucky Charms. If you wanted a Nissan, you should have bought a Nissan. I personally wouldn't blame you- but the RSX is what it is. To say it's engine sucks is ridiculous...
__________________
![]() I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell... |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
That'll be a huge pain to swap it in, probably cost the same amount as a cheap american car, which you can have all the torque in the world with and blow away the Maxima with
__________________
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Engine Swap
Quote:
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
thats pretty much it. I know you can get some power out of Honda engines, but not as much as Nissan engines. At the track I saw a guy strip out his transmission because he put slicks on his 94 maxima, the second he got traction it tore it up. When have you ever heard of a honda engine doing that?
__________________
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
Spending the money to swap in a Nissan engine and modify it will give you an RSX that'll shred it's tires and go as far as FWD can.
__________________
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
Envy is a beatiful thing.
J/K However you will probally never have the torque I do but you will outhandle me for sure. And that 645hp and 482tq rsx is probally so oerpowered it is not even useful. Hell with a turbo I could run basement 12s or for 9k I can swap stroke my motor and have damn near the same torque and I gurantee you a lot more money was spent on that rsx.
__________________
2k3 6spd SE Blk/Blk Titanium Edition |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|