-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Matthew12M Matthew12M is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Carpet replacement

Hey

Ive got an 88 350 regular cab c1500 and I'm replacing the carpet that was damaged from some water leak. I changed the heater core about 2 months ago to stop the leak and aparently it has stopped, but when I took out the carpet today, it was soaking wet underneath the jute padding. Is this normal, or is there any other place that it can be leaking from. The paint is pretty rusted, and I guess its an indication that the water has been there a while, so I'm guessing all of the leaked water from before just stayed there, but I'm not sure. Now, I'm riding on metal and haven't seen a drop, but I want to make sure no other place can leak before I put the new carpet in. I know about the leak tube for the air conditioner, but water comes out of it from the end of the tube outside the car so I'm assuming its OK. Another question is, what kind of material can I use to clean the rust up on metal that got messed up from the water or is there a good spray I can put down before I lay the carpet, and what are the general layers of carpet that I need to put in my car, i.e. insulation, sound padding, adhesive, etc. ect.

Thanks,
Matthew
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2004, 11:56 PM
ebu187 ebu187 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carpet replacement

check the seals around the windshield
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts