-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-11-2004, 02:12 PM
HyperV594 HyperV594 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HyperV594
Unhappy loss of hp for no reason

Ok heres the story. I have a 92 civic hatch. When I was drivin on the freeway last night I was gettin up to speed and my car started decelerating for no reason and there was this really strong smell, no idea what it was. I pulled over and smelled nothing and got back into my car. It accelerated fine but I could barely get past 80 mph, when I can usually do about 120 if I wanted. I don't smell anything anymore but the hp loss is very noticible, but only sometimes. it is decent off the start in 1st and 2nd but wants to lag when I get up around 35-40. Another thing is that when I went to the gas station, I was on empty, and took off my fuel cap there was no pressure. I checked it again this morning and I had pressure again. I have no clue what I should start looking at except something if the fuel system. Thanks a lot for any feedback I'll write more if anything else happens.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2004, 10:29 AM
crazzysol crazzysol is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: loss of hp for no reason

letting the feul get realy low and the pump is going to pic up anything on the bottom of the tank. try changing your pump straner/filter.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Ace$nyper's Avatar
Ace$nyper Ace$nyper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: loss of hp for no reason

fuel pump?

thats a wierd one
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2004, 10:29 PM
phantastic1 phantastic1 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: loss of hp for no reason

if the order smelled like rotten eggs...then your catalytic converter is bad. that would also cause loss of power. usually cost about $180-$250 (labor included) at a local muffler shop like midas....at least around here. dealer will rape you in the a$$ for a oem one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2004, 10:58 PM
GScivic7's Avatar
GScivic7 GScivic7 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,249
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7
Re: loss of hp for no reason

If it's broke, upgrade it. If you pay more than $50 to get a cat welded on at a muffler shop they are ripping you off
http://www.inlinefour.com/carunhigcatc.html
__________________

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2004, 04:58 AM
HyperV594 HyperV594 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HyperV594
Re: loss of hp for no reason

Yeah, always thought my cat was bad, i was lookin on ebay and saw some really cheap ones, then I went to a site and they were really expensive. Is there a reason for this? The ones on ebay looked better too, they were the hi flow ones also.
__________________
92 Civic hatch-Stock baby!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts