|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Winter Wax
Hey everyone.
I just joined up and I have a question about wax. Basically, I'm looking for something that will last thru the winter. Likely mid October thru to the beginning of April. The wax will probably see lots of road salt, many freeze thaw cycles, and some extreme cold. Has anyone found something that durable?? I just picked up some Glanz wax and I was thinking of putting it on over a coat of Mothers carnuba wax. I'm trying to keep it reasonably inexpensive as well. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thanks. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Winter Wax
If you were to use a paint sealant like Luster Glaze or Pearl Guard it will last for years up to 10 years infact from one proper aplication. Apply it evenly just like wax and purposely use excessive amounts and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. DO NOT SPRAY ANYTHING IN THE AREA YOU WAX IN. Chemicals and water can affect the chemical reaction process of the sealant and would require a redo aplication. It also works great for cleaning the painted surface from bugs and slight tar and replenishing the finish.
__________________
If its not clean CLEAN IT!! If its not gleaming SHINER UP!! If its not appealing BAG IT!!! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Winter Wax
The best waxes may only last a few month in good conditions, during the harsh condition of winters you'll be lucky to have wax last a few weeks. For ultimate protection your best off using a long term polymer paint sealant that will last up to 6 months.
I don't beleive in any product that claims 1yr or more of protection. We use this sealer on a day to day basis & have the best results - http://www.topoftheline.com/tolae/16ozmaxpains.html After sealers applied we use this after weekly washing - http://www.topoftheline.com/tolae/32ozwipdowsp.html |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Winter Wax
I use Meguires products and they work pretty good for me. Granted I don't get year round protection, but I re-wax about every 6 months and Final Finish on a daily basis.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Winter Wax
meguires is a good product, but any thick paste wax will give u ur best protection, but i highly doubt it will last a winter as tough as u r describing
__________________
84 TA- 350 bored dynomaax shorty headers custom 3" exhaust electric exhaust cut out holley 600 cfm carb 340+HP cam? 97 jetta white 15" bbs wheels 2 JL 12W3's and 2 JL 500/1 amps (for sale) |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Winter Wax
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi All,
My choice for winter protection is this: Klasse AIO (All In One) & Klasse SG (Sealer Glaze) which can be applied after the AIO! AIO alone will do a super job of protecting! And for at least 6 months! My suggestion is to get a few coats on before the snow flies! Not only this..it will give you an un-believable shine! I mean un-believable!!!! Awesome stuff! Read the wonders of this product and all it's capabilities..saves me a lot of typing: Klasse Polish More On Klasse
__________________
R.M. Automotive Detailing |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Winter Wax
Pro-Tec Seal Manufacturing makes the sealant that I use that can last for 10 years. I put lifetime warranties on these paint finishes after this sealant is applied. I get trade in work trucks and even though the previous owner never really cared for the paint finish I can tell the sealant is doing its job still after 5 years so why wouldnt it last 10?
My car drives down the crappiest dirt roads and takes a beating , I clean it once a month and the finish makes the car stick out like a sore thumb even when parked beside a brand new one. I will back up pearl guards performance but unfortunately it is not available to the general public. As for the product Glanz , never heard of it but if its called wax then its most likely not a sealant. Noobie f1guy found himself a product that hes pretty happy with I bet it would work well for you too.
__________________
If its not clean CLEAN IT!! If its not gleaming SHINER UP!! If its not appealing BAG IT!!! |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Winter Wax
If you are loking for a great winter wax its COLLINITE.This is one of the best winter waxes around.They make 3 quality waxes MDE #476 and #845 and you can include #16 from MEGS.All these waxes last 3-5 months and are great to guard against sand and snow.i have been using them for 10 years
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Winter Wax
I forgot to mention Im in alberta canada , our winters average -20celsius to -40celsius(thats -40 f') and the cold doesnt do anything to paint its the road salt and road sand that hurts our babies in the winter. Pearl guard will protect the finish from them. But sand is sand and it will still scratch if rubbed but who rubs dirty paint? Also sucks to be stuck behind a truck on the highway while its shooting that crap all over you too lol
__________________
If its not clean CLEAN IT!! If its not gleaming SHINER UP!! If its not appealing BAG IT!!! |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Winter Wax
Quote:
Winter is almost upon us, and I just can't wait for a wonderful Calgary gravel-fest to mess up my new (to me) Passat finish, and crack my pristine windshield. Oh well, what can ya do? Can't park it, gotta drive... |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Winter Wax
lol yes its tough out here in winter but waxing helps after a good clean no matter what you use (so long as it is a safe product) it will be better than nothing and it works
__________________
If its not clean CLEAN IT!! If its not gleaming SHINER UP!! If its not appealing BAG IT!!! |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|