-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-14-2004, 10:58 PM
netnarc netnarc is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tahoe head rest removal

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, but I figured someone here can give me some advice. I bought a new set of seat covers for a 2001 Tahoe and I need to remove the front seat head rests from the seats to slide the seat covers over the seats. Does anyone know how to remove the head rests? I tried everything that I can figure out short of breaking the things and I don't want to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-15-2004, 07:33 PM
jthomp23777 jthomp23777 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good question, I looked at my 2001 Hoe and both manuels on it and I don't have a clue. Were is GM merlin when you need him, he more less a trouble shooting mechanical guy, and a good one. If I find something, let you know.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2004, 07:38 PM
netnarc netnarc is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you. I telephoned my Chevy dealer today and the service manager said that there are two buttons on the bottom of the rails that you push in. I can't see any buttons. Let me know if you hear from Merlin, please.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-17-2004, 04:53 AM
jthomp23777 jthomp23777 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I figured it out. Raise the head rest up. On the plastic caps on top of the seat where the two head rest rods come out of. On each side of the caps there is a small hole, i used a small drill bit. Simply insert into the hole and push and pull up on that side of the head rest and it will release and then do the other side and out it will come. Ya think GM would of had a better idea. Have fun..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2004, 05:10 PM
netnarc netnarc is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, I'll try it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2004, 11:21 PM
netnarc netnarc is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jthomp, You were right. I got the head rests off but the seat covers suck big time. They didn't design them correctly to accept the seat belts. The bottom doesn't even "center" correctly. I'm going to look for a different pair. But at least I know how to remove the head rests. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts