-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
johnz28 johnz28 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Lt 1 To Lt 4

ohhh ok... which stage should I get,,, how many more horses would I get of it... and what else would I have to do to make it a daily driver,,, I mean would I have to change the tranny,,, is a 94 Z28 automatic...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Chevyracincamaro's Avatar
Chevyracincamaro Chevyracincamaro is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Lt 1 To Lt 4

all you have to do is get the heads, intake, cam/timing set. you'd be better off with the LT4 conversion, thats what they put in the C-4 corvettes...
__________________


*Better power-to-weight ratio than a C6 corvette*
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Deadcarny Deadcarny is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lt 1 To Lt 4

huh? I think I am lost? lET ME SEE IF I AM GETTING THIS RIGHT... You are wanting to do an 'LT4 conversion' and are wondering which heads to get?

1. Most people that I know that have gone with the LT4 Hot Cam have complained that they should have gone bigger and with more duration. Order your cam after you decide on the heads.

2. The Stage thing on the heads is too inconsistent from Porter to porter. Get flow numbers and have your Cam matched to the head flow characteristincs!

I only know of a couple people who were genuinely happy with the LT4 conversion. One of them is going quick, but knows his money would have been better spent in other ways and be quicker!
here is a quote by him in a conversation about the conversion:
"My car went 11.9s with the TH350 and LT4 stuff and my heads had larger valves and bowl work from NuTek. BUT one thing is for sure...I could have been quicker for less money with some AI [www.advancedinduction.com] heads and even the same cam."
__________________
1995 Camaro Z28, 383ci 485+hp 495ft-lbs SOLD!!!
1965 Ford F100
1967 Chevrolet Impala (Sold)
1972 Chevrolet Chevelle (Sold)
1972 BMW R60/5 (Sold)
1980 Harley Davidson FLH
1987 Harley Davidson XLH
1992 Astro EXT AWD
1992 Chevrolet Cavalier
2000 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car 1087/3222 (Sold)
2001 Pontiac Sunfire
2002 Trailblazer LTZ (Sold)
South Carolina F and Y Bodies
www.SCFYB.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:08 PM
twdz28 twdz28 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lt 1 To Lt 4

but you have more to work with when you port a set of LT4 heads...
__________________

95 Z28 Black on Black on Black. Mods: 355CI and lots more...
Originally Posted by Mordant
I'd say if they ask about material possessions then it's fair game to ask them what kind of underwear they wear, may as well get both sides expectations on the table as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
LT1 Kayker's Avatar
LT1 Kayker LT1 Kayker is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 444
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LT1 Kayker Send a message via Yahoo to LT1 Kayker
Im getting an 89 Camaro Z28 in a month or two with an LT1 swap in it. I am ganna put in a T56 transmission but i need a flywheel, clutch and linkage and so on. It's automatic right now but i want a manual. It was baught as a manual so would that make it any easier? Anyone know where I could find complete transmission sets for a manual LT1 that would fit in the 89 Z28, and work with a T56? What would be best to do after i get Intake, Exhaust, weight reduction and such. It's still going to be a daily driver but only during summer. Any help would be awesome.

EDIT: Was planning on getting different gears and a LSD maybe. Any suggestions on this?
__________________

89 Chevy C1500 - Over 305,000 miles on her but still going strong.
Cut off cat/straight pipe.
Flo-Pro muffler. (Flowmaster soon)
Dual 3" tips.
custom intake.
chrome valve covers.
uhhh and im poor so thats all haha.
Friggin truck costs more to keep alive than I do. (4ishMPG no joke)

Wait, let me get this straight...Your honda has 1.6 liters, but my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2!?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
SMOKEY818 SMOKEY818 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lt 1 To Lt 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Kayker
Im getting an 89 Camaro Z28 in a month or two with an LT1 swap in it. I am ganna put in a T56 transmission but i need a flywheel, clutch and linkage and so on. It's automatic right now but i want a manual. It was baught as a manual so would that make it any easier? Anyone know where I could find complete transmission sets for a manual LT1 that would fit in the 89 Z28, and work with a T56? What would be best to do after i get Intake, Exhaust, weight reduction and such. It's still going to be a daily driver but only during summer. Any help would be awesome.

EDIT: Was planning on getting different gears and a LSD maybe. Any suggestions on this?
hey man go to fbodymotorsports.com they should have anything you need for the swapp
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2004, 04:29 PM
LT1 Kayker's Avatar
LT1 Kayker LT1 Kayker is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 444
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LT1 Kayker Send a message via Yahoo to LT1 Kayker
I'll go there right now, thanks.
__________________

89 Chevy C1500 - Over 305,000 miles on her but still going strong.
Cut off cat/straight pipe.
Flo-Pro muffler. (Flowmaster soon)
Dual 3" tips.
custom intake.
chrome valve covers.
uhhh and im poor so thats all haha.
Friggin truck costs more to keep alive than I do. (4ishMPG no joke)

Wait, let me get this straight...Your honda has 1.6 liters, but my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2!?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts