-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-09-2004, 05:14 PM
FXRseen FXRseen is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95 Brake Procedure

Well I picked up some pads to replace my old worn ones. I don’t want to pay the 400.00 that the dealer wants to charge. Can someone tell the procedure for doing this? I'm familiar with putting on brakes just never done an Acura Integra GSR before. Where do I need to apply the grease that came with the pads? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2004, 05:54 PM
knorwj's Avatar
knorwj knorwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,193
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knorwj
damn newbies! haha just kidding.

ok first of all what year, big difference between an 1987 integra and a 2001. Also front or back? it matters.

anyway since I am a master of deduction I noticed you said gs-r which means it has to be either a 2nd gen or 3rd gen.

Anyway help us help you, without knowing what year or front or back (or both) we can't do much helping.


edit: dammit I just noticed the thread title says 95....I am very sorry.

We get this alot where someone comes in and says hey my car is making a funny sound what could it be. So we get a little jumpy when the info doesn't slap us in the face. sorry bout that,

Anyway if you are familiar with brake jobs an integra is pretty simple, disc brakes all around, so just pull the calipers and pop the new pads in, only thing is (on 2nd gens anyway) either the front pistons or back ones (can't remember) cannot be simply compressed with a c-clamp, they have to be rotated in or out (I use a pair of needle nose pliers). other than that nothing different than any other standard disc brake system.
__________________
Old:
1993 Acura integra gs-r

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2004, 06:11 PM
FXRseen FXRseen is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply... Yeah the info you've mentioned is the same I've found in other posts using the search engine. The guy from the parts department said it is the back you have to rotate in. I guess I'm mostly curious about where the grease goes that is supplied with the calipers.

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2004, 07:39 PM
knorwj's Avatar
knorwj knorwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,193
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knorwj
the grease just goes in between the pads and the caliper (wherever there is metal on metal contact) DO NOT get it on the friction surface of the pad or the rotor. all the grease is for is just in case there ever happens to be a squeak from metal on metal rubbing down there, it will hopefully eliminate it before you hear it.


I usually don't even use it to tell you the truth.
__________________
Old:
1993 Acura integra gs-r

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2004, 12:07 AM
FXRseen FXRseen is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks I think that answers my question I will do it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts