-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > 4Runner/GX470
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-05-2004, 08:38 PM
blazzingbrandon blazzingbrandon is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blazzingbrandon
Back window not going down on 97'

When I push the button for my back window to go down it doesn't do anything. But when I put the key in the back and turn it it goes up and down. I checked all the fuses and none of them are blown. I checked the wires near the button and it looks all good, anybody have any ideas? Also, my cigarette lighter outlet isn't working, again, there are also, no blown fuses. And yes, I checked both fuse boxes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Brian R.'s Avatar
Brian R. Brian R. is offline
Resident Chemist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,586
Thanks: 105
Thanked 158 Times in 158 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: Back window not going down on 97'

Most likely problem is that your master lock-out switch is pushed down. This would prevent all your windows from operating except the driver window.

There is also a back door control relay in the back door, driver side.

Cigarette lighter is usually a bad connection on the back of the outlet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2004, 12:44 AM
blazzingbrandon blazzingbrandon is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blazzingbrandon
Re: Back window not going down on 97'

I feel so stupid, its funny how the most obvious things can solve a problem. And the ACC outlet, I can figure out another day, I just don't feel like removing all that stuff right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Brian R.'s Avatar
Brian R. Brian R. is offline
Resident Chemist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,586
Thanks: 105
Thanked 158 Times in 158 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: Back window not going down on 97'

I didn't post about it, but its happened to me before.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > 4Runner/GX470


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts