-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-02-2004, 09:05 PM
blazerbob95 blazerbob95 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry 95 blazer intermitent no start

My 95 blazer has failed to start 4 times for me. I had it towed to a repair shop. It started right away for them. They couldn't find anything wrong.

I recently replaced the fuel pump (very noisy), fuel filter( it was time), the injection assembly and spider ( it was leaking bad but the truck still ran), egr (could't pass emissions), wires & plugs ( maintenace).

I've got 217k on the beast and this the first real problems I've had.

I'd appreciate any help.
Bob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2004, 09:15 AM
mcd996 mcd996 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 1995 Blazer 4.3 V-6

I'm experiencing the same problems. After investing 400.00 USD in a major tune up, the vehicle ran as new. One week later it will not start. The following was accomplished by me.
1. Replaced Battery
2. Replaced the Starter & Starter Soleniod
3. Replaced the Ignition Coil.

Note: During starting attempts, there are no dash lights prior to start-up, but the headlights are operational. Engine will crank, but no start. Also, no fuel sound before start. Any ideas, please assist...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2004, 11:09 AM
BlazerLT's Avatar
BlazerLT BlazerLT is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 13,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 95 blazer intermitent no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerbob95
My 95 blazer has failed to start 4 times for me. I had it towed to a repair shop. It started right away for them. They couldn't find anything wrong.

I recently replaced the fuel pump (very noisy), fuel filter( it was time), the injection assembly and spider ( it was leaking bad but the truck still ran), egr (could't pass emissions), wires & plugs ( maintenace).

I've got 217k on the beast and this the first real problems I've had.

I'd appreciate any help.
Bob
I would check your CPI injector again and replace the nut kit which is the internal fuel lines in the upper plenum that go to the injector.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2004, 11:48 AM
blazerbob95 blazerbob95 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 95 blazer intermitent no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT
I would check your CPI injector again and replace the nut kit which is the internal fuel lines in the upper plenum that go to the injector.
Are these the nuts that hold the lines in place?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2004, 01:19 PM
BlazerLT's Avatar
BlazerLT BlazerLT is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 13,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 95 blazer intermitent no start



The white lines are the nut kit.

Also, check to see if you spark plugs are getting spark.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2004, 08:54 PM
blazerbob95 blazerbob95 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 95 blazer intermitent no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT


The white lines are the nut kit.

Also, check to see if you spark plugs are getting spark.

Thanks I'll give that a try.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2004, 05:46 PM
mcd996 mcd996 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Re: 95 blazer intermitent no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT


The white lines are the nut kit.

Also, check to see if you spark plugs are getting spark.
Thanks for the insight. Finally have the Blazer running after re-soldering the 12v pink ignition wire, located under the sterring column in the black ignition switch.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:01 PM
BlazerLT's Avatar
BlazerLT BlazerLT is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 13,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 95 blazer intermitent no start

did I tell you the solder it?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts