-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-29-2004, 01:28 PM
dwoolley dwoolley is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Traction control light

I've recently "upgraded" from a 1995 Windstar (yes...new engine/tranny) to a 1998.

The 1998 drives well but the 'Trac Off" light flashes intermittently (only with wet conditions maybe???).

Any idea why? And/Or safe enough to leave alone if expensive to fix?

Last edited by dwoolley; 08-30-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM
matm1129 matm1129 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
traction control

I have an amber light on my dash that just came on. I do not have my owners manual to check. Is the traction control round with lines coming from it......? amber in color on the lower right side of the dash....? Have you had yours checked.....?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2004, 11:37 AM
dwoolley dwoolley is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: traction control

Quote:
Originally Posted by matm1129
I have an amber light on my dash that just came on. I do not have my owners manual to check. Is the traction control round with lines coming from it......? amber in color on the lower right side of the dash....? Have you had yours checked.....?
The traction control light actually say "TRAC OFF"...not sure what the light is you mention...I've heard there is a gas cap off warning light that sounds similar.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2004, 09:14 PM
HopalongBuck HopalongBuck is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1998 Traction control light

I have a 98 GL w/Traction Control. The "Trac Off" light often starts flashing after I hit the brakes suddenly. It will remain flashing until I turn off the ignition and restart the engine. Took it to the dealer when it first happened and they could find no fault codes set. I saw a post somewhere that the flashing "Trac Off" light indicates a communication fault between the PCM & the Traction Control Module has occured. Anyhow, I get the flashing light about every other week. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-16-2004, 10:53 PM
dwoolley dwoolley is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 1998 Traction control light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopalongBuck
I have a 98 GL w/Traction Control. The "Trac Off" light often starts flashing after I hit the brakes suddenly. It will remain flashing until I turn off the ignition and restart the engine. Took it to the dealer when it first happened and they could find no fault codes set. I saw a post somewhere that the flashing "Trac Off" light indicates a communication fault between the PCM & the Traction Control Module has occured. Anyhow, I get the flashing light about every other week. Hope this helps.
I have the TSB issued for that particular problem...it happened today..started flashing as I braked coming off a highway...check the fault codes...nothing. If its the communication fault its supposed to set a fault code of Uxxxx according to the TSB...so I assume its something else....yes it now happens weekly for me too...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 AM
HopalongBuck HopalongBuck is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1998 Traction control light

Here is a bulletin from CarQuest about the "Flashing 'Trac Off' Light". http://www.carquest.com/techbulletin...99/CQB9904.pdf
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts