|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
need help choosing transmission
I just built a 350 chevy motor (about 430 h.p.) for my 87 1/2 ton 4wd chevy pickup. It has a stick in it and I would like to convert it to an automatic. What automatic transmission will work best with my transfer case? Any suggestions?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: need help choosing transmission
I would look for a TH350 if not, you can use a 700r4 or a 4l60 (700 and 4l60 are the same basically) will work but you will have to do some serious beefing up if you want to use them for severe use.
You will have to find one that has the correct output shaft and extension housing to work with your transfer case
__________________
Why do you never have enough time or money to do the job right the first time, but enough time and money to do it again? Got all the certifications 25 years ASE Certified Master Technician GM WCT Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that? Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality) This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video PM Me for details |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|