-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-25-2004, 02:55 PM
mca2156 mca2156 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Head lights don't come on

I have a 94 Astro with head light problems. Occasionally, the head lights won’t come on. All of the other lights do. If I flip the switch several times, the head lights will come on, but only after a slight delay and then they come on slowly, as if on a dimmer switch. Once they come on, I can flip the switch on and off all day long with no problems. The obvious thing would be to replace the switch, but I’m not convinced the switch is the problem. Anybody else run into this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2004, 06:19 PM
joeval joeval is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Head lights don't come on

Sounds like the switch to me. They usually build up carbon deposits and the contacts get dirty. It may be possible to take it apart and clean it as long as it's not broken.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2004, 07:57 PM
mca2156 mca2156 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Head lights don't come on

Thanks, I've replaced the switch and it hasn't happened since, but it was intermittent before so I'll wait to pass judgement.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts