-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Golf
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-23-2004, 07:14 PM
GGreen GGreen is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Starting Problems

I have a 91 VW Golf GL 5 speed. Every once in a while it will not start. I replaced the altenator and battery. Now I am trying to replace the thermostat *(but can find it under the hood)* The Battery cables get very hot to the touch. If I pop the clutch enough it will start but it stalls out in 1st or 2nd gear. Thinking it could be starter but not sure......PLEASE HELP!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2004, 02:47 PM
boschmann boschmann is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Starting Problems

I would first check the cables from the battery to the chassis/engine ground & starter solenoid for corrosion or loose connection. After that I would have the starter checked for drawing too much amperage.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Golf


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts