-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
ogogosha ogogosha is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 91 Camry Light Failure Sensor

The "Lights" warning light comes on after I hit the brake in the garage and stays on until I shut the car off. All the lights seem to work prop-erly. Could be the Light Failure Sensor but I don't know where to find it. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2004, 12:57 PM
ishop4less ishop4less is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 91 Camry Light Failure Sensor

Can you please explain more detail? is the light only on when you press the brake ? if it is then you have a burn out light on your tail.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Mike Gerber Mike Gerber is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,618
Thanks: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
Re: 91 Camry Light Failure Sensor

ogogosha,

Check the high mounted brake light. Have someone hold the brake pedal down and go to the back of the car and check for yourself. I'm sure it's one of the brake lights. In my experience it's usually the high mounted one that fails (I don't know why).

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
ogogosha ogogosha is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 91 Camry Light Failure Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishop4less
Can you please explain more detail? is the light only on when you press the brake ? if it is then you have a burn out light on your tail.
Here's the sequence: I turn on the car -- the light is off. I step on the brake to shift and the light comes on. After that it stays on, while I'm driving until I shut the car off.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2004, 09:19 AM
ogogosha ogogosha is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 91 Camry Light Failure Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gerber
ogogosha,

Check the high mounted brake light. Have someone hold the brake pedal down and go to the back of the car and check for yourself. I'm sure it's one of the brake lights. In my experience it's usually the high mounted one that fails (I don't know why).

Mike
I tried this with my wife as the observer. Will do it with her as the operator. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2004, 11:36 AM
calvic calvic is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 91 Camry Light Failure Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogogosha
Here's the sequence: I turn on the car -- the light is off. I step on the brake to shift and the light comes on. After that it stays on, while I'm driving until I shut the car off.
This is a normal action of the warning light when a brake light is burnt out or you have a burnt out "light out sensor" caused by a short in the tailight wiring harness around the trunk left side hinge. If all the brake light are out I would suspect the latter.

JJ
__________________
1988 Camry LE
4 cyl Auto
335,731

1994 Volvo 940 Turbo
1992 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
2006 Mustang GT
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts