|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
motor revving high out of control...help!!!
Ok, I had a cracked header. Pulled off the intake, replaced exhaust/intake gasket and put new header on. Then put intake on. Reconnected all plugs and vac lines. Tried starting and it starts fine but then immediately starts ramping revs (out of control) until I turn off the ignition switch (which is about 3 or 4 seconds after starting) . I have know idea whats
Going on are where to start looking. Please advise |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: motor revving high out of control...help!!!
Quote:
HI, CHECK YOU INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET. ALOT OF THE INTAKE GASKETS HAVE DEFFECTS IN MANUFACTURING. SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME THREE TIMES. CHECK IT CAREFULLY DALE [email protected] |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Found bolt thightening sequence/procedure and torque specs for the intake/exhaust. perormed procedure and now starts and idles perfectly. thanks for the help..............jeepers helpin jeepers.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: motor revving high out of control...help!!!
My xj is going under the knife too,could You show me where You found these torque specs?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Just finished installing new head in my 95 XJ and found the Haynes manual very helpful. It has all the torque specs and procedures in it. All is going well for me so far so I think that manual can be of some help to you.
__________________
I Like the Roller Coaster. It's just more Exciting! |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|