-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-15-2004, 06:40 PM
IntegraRacer IntegraRacer is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to IntegraRacer
2001 Integra Questions

Hey guys, I've got a 2001 Integra LS (non-vtec) with around 35K miles on it that I'm wanting to make fast. I have a few questions about some ideas that I've been bouncing around in my head. First, I'm thinking about building up an inline V6 engine outside of the car and then dropping it in when I'm all done with it, that way I can still use the car as my daily driver until the engine is just the way I like it. I was thinking a V6 would give me some more power and torque, and wanted to know if the people here recommended it or if I should just stick with a four cylinder. (Just for reference, I was thinking I could find an Accord V6 for this purpose, are some Accord V6's manuals?) The other thing I am thinking about doing is changing the car up a bit and making it rear wheel drive. Put a small chevy V6 up front (maybe from an S10?) and make this a non-traditional ricer. I'm thinking about doing that because I have heard FWD cars have some problems with quarter miles due to lack of traction. Has anyone here done a modification like that and would it be worth it? Would it even be possible? Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2004, 12:28 AM
got v-tec?'s Avatar
got v-tec? got v-tec? is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

im not much of a flamer so ill just ignore ALOT of what you said.
you can make alot of power from the b18b1
turbo is very friendly even on stock internals do to the compression ratio(9.0:1cr)
i have a friend makeing 290whp on his ls turbo w/11psi boost and he ran a 12.5@107 w/stock internals. front wheel drive is awesome w/slicks. i pull consitant 1.9 60'ft. and sometimes better.
if your looking for more power then send your block to get sleeved get je pistons and eagle rods. get new valvetrain,gsr tranny,hondata es200,gerrett t3/t4 t67 turbo and crank up the boost.
__________________
civ eg hb/b18c1
PT61 .68ar p-trim
Full-race pro street manifold
Neptune EMS
412whp@10psi 11.62@118
633whp@28psi 10.45@135

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2004, 12:49 AM
sleeper97 sleeper97 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

I 2nd what ( got v-tec?) said
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2004, 06:01 PM
IntegraRacer IntegraRacer is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to IntegraRacer
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

So stay with the engine I've got? Sounds good to me, less money on my end. Now I had a couple parts questions. I'm going to do your basic intake, exhaust, headers modification first. Is there a brand or specific product that you would recommend on my vehicle? And one kind of newbie question (I'm just starting to learn about cars, so pardon my ignorance) If I get a turbo later on, does the turbo come with it's own intake? Would it supercede a cold air intake and make it useless? I'd just prefer not to waste money on parts I won't need, and if a cold air intake is useless once you get a turbo, I'll just save for the turbo after I get the headers/exhaust and get my engine internals strengthened up.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2004, 08:00 PM
silver bullet LS silver bullet LS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

(_)_)//////////d ~ ~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-11-2004, 08:00 PM
silver bullet LS silver bullet LS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

(_)_)///////////d ~ ~
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-12-2004, 12:44 AM
integralover's Avatar
integralover integralover is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 749
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
actaully yes the turbo comes with its own intake and header. well unless you get the turbo kit. if you buy the turbo seperately then you will have to buy all new intake and header. so the CAI and the new header will be superceded. i just think of it as temporary HP. untill i get my turbo. and you really don't have to strengthen your internals at all unless you want to boost to like 20psi. your car can safely boot up to 10-12psi. 12psi on rare occasions though. i would then get a boost controller and leave it at 6psi for daily driving. to cut the wear down on the internals.
__________________
93 teg LS
B20B
ACT Performance Flywheel
AEM CAI
DC Sports Stainless Steel Header
G4 High Flow Cat
GReddy MX Cat Back Exhaust
Skunk2 Racing Chip
Lots of interior goodies
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-12-2004, 01:39 AM
integra818's Avatar
integra818 integra818 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

Instead of converting it to V6 and RWD, why don't you go the cheaper way and buy something that's already V6 and RWD, like a Camaro.

V6 swaps into integras are'nt really common, actually I hav'nt even seen any...only one time and that was in a civic.

Give it some time, gain expierience, and yor path for upgrades will be much clearer...cuz it's fuckin blury as fuck right now!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-12-2004, 05:13 AM
tran_nsx's Avatar
tran_nsx tran_nsx is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,229
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

heres are some good suggestions:
greddy, apex-i, spoon, skunk and dc are a couple good brands for exhaust.

spoon, skunk, and dc for header.

aem, injen, and comptech for intake.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
silver bullet LS silver bullet LS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

Got V Tec, Did U Say Your Friend Have A 290 Hp On A Ls Turbo, Damn, Thats Alot. Im Planning To Do A Turbo On Mine But I Like The B18c5 Motor Alot With Turbo, Its Even Better. But If I Get A Turbo On My Ls, Will I Burn A Gsr Or Type R With Turbo?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-31-2004, 11:05 PM
got v-tec?'s Avatar
got v-tec? got v-tec? is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
are you saying would you win if they had a turbo too? if so, no you'll lose.
you can hold more boost cause of low compression but that doesnt mean anything. a type-r on stock compression can hold 10psi max. with good tuning.)
wich would produce the same hp as if you had lowered the cr on the type-r to 9.0:1 but had around 15+psi
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-2004, 06:59 AM
silver bullet LS silver bullet LS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Integra Questions

so it's better to do a motor swap with a turbo or should i get a vtec head on with a turbo, what will be faster and last longer?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
got v-tec?'s Avatar
got v-tec? got v-tec? is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 2001 Integra Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet LS
so it's better to do a motor swap with a turbo or should i get a vtec head on with a turbo, what will be faster and last longer?
the ls vtec turbo would be alot faster. and last just as long. and with 12psi you'll have about 50whp more than a ls w/ 12psi
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts