-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-14-2004, 09:01 PM
ajtaylor1970 ajtaylor1970 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 Dodge Caravan

I own a 2003 Dodge Caravan with a 3.8L V6 engine with 33,500 miles. Every so often when I start the van up I get an extra fan hum or something, that increases with the speed of the van. This doesn't happen every time I start the van though. I thought it might have to do with the A/C because it happened whenever I used it, but lately It has been happening when I haven't used it in a while. Any help or suggestions anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2004, 04:38 AM
lorenmcguire lorenmcguire is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry

Find a really good mechanic you trust, take it to them and have them check the engine. Hopefully its still under warranty. This sounds like what ours was.... if it is kind of like a ticking noise. The whole engine had to be rebuilt at 62,000 miles. The sound was there at 30K but the dealer kept saying it was no big deal. YA Right!!!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts