-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-10-2004, 10:20 AM
fadeaway fadeaway is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to fadeaway
Clutch fluid leak question

Hey,

Well I took my max in today and they are replacing rear brakes, belts, and repairing the slave cylinder.

I've had the car for about a month, and the clutch acts funny sometimes when I abuse the clutch (because of the leak), and at one time the pedal sunk all the way to the floor.

Here is my question: How do they "repair" something like this? Repairing the slave cylinder doesn't mean "bleeding", does it? I beleive a mechanic did this when the pedal sunk to the floor, which I'm assuming temporarily fixed the problem. I'm really just worried that if I ever averuse the clutch anymore (even after they repair the slave), this will happen again, should I be worried?

I'd need a new clutch soon, my 99 maxima has 128k miles on it, with original clutch.

Also - did the friendly neighborhood gas station overcharge by a lot?

Belt Replacements: $120
Rear Brakes: $220
Fluid Leak (Slave Cyl.): $230

Thanks a lot!
Dan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 PM
hovz hovz is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wow, my mechanic just replaced mt slave cylinder for 100, also replaced my clutch for 400
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts