-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-31-2004, 12:25 PM
BigFig15 BigFig15 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BigFig15
Keeping a Black GTP Clean

I need some advice on how to keep my Black GTP Shiny and Clean. What Products should I use and what kind of toweling to use so I dont scratch the crap out of the car???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2004, 01:21 PM
BIG-L's Avatar
BIG-L BIG-L is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out this link and you might want to try Blackfire,best stuff ive ever used,also some good quaility Micro fiber towels.......~Larry~

http://www.properautocare.com/index.html
__________________

ClubGP Member 6530
Since 2001
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-31-2004, 07:15 PM
BigFig15 BigFig15 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BigFig15
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

I just used a spray called Race Glaze. That stuff works pretty good. Also I heard you can buy that by a 5 gallon pail
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-31-2004, 08:46 PM
GTPCatz GTPCatz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 447
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

http://www.properautocare.com/deepliqshinf.html
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2004, 06:19 PM
oncedesired oncedesired is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to oncedesired
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

Thanks a lot guys! Thanks to you all I just spent the afternoon claying, polishing & waxing my black GTP, It looks FANTASTIC!!!! but I think my arms are now useless forever! Oh the pain!
I couldn't find Blackfire in the stores so I used Mothers Clay Kit & Macquires polish & polymer wax. That clay stuff is unreal! It took off more crap.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-02-2004, 06:23 PM
BIG-L's Avatar
BIG-L BIG-L is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can only buy Blackfire from this site...~Larry~

http://www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html
__________________

ClubGP Member 6530
Since 2001
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-02-2004, 07:46 PM
kustomkid54's Avatar
kustomkid54 kustomkid54 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,340
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean


It's a good site. You should try it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-02-2004, 07:55 PM
oncedesired oncedesired is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to oncedesired
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

Thanks, I kinda figured that out when no one in the 3 auto stores I stopped in ever heard of the product. Does MacQuires make Blackfire? I was thinking maybe it's their high end line.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-02-2004, 08:06 PM
kustomkid54's Avatar
kustomkid54 kustomkid54 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,340
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

OH, by the way, it works on RED ones too!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-02-2004, 08:08 PM
oncedesired oncedesired is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to oncedesired
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

Alas, I just have a white one & 2 black ones. And how do I upload a pic in here besides going:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/657914
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-02-2004, 08:22 PM
GTPCatz GTPCatz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 447
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncedesired
Alas, I just have a white one & 2 black ones. And how do I upload a pic in here besides going:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/657914
Nice site but your car doesnt come with 215 HP.....stock


its got the 3.1 in it doesnt it
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-02-2004, 08:26 PM
kustomkid54's Avatar
kustomkid54 kustomkid54 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,340
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

ME TOO. I have 2 black ones and one red. And and "oldie" in the barn.
The old ones are a lot more fun.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-02-2004, 10:20 PM
oncedesired oncedesired is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to oncedesired
Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

No, it has the 3.4L DOHC in it. It's the '94 GTP. My daughter has the 3.1L, '92 SE. The white is the '95 GTP with the 3.4L DOHC too. I thought the 3.4L for '94 has 215 HP & the only reason it doesn't have the 275HP like the engineer wanted is because Pontiac was too slow on getting the tranny ready, no? If not then what is the HP on the 3.4L GTP?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-2004, 10:23 PM
oncedesired oncedesired is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to oncedesired
Re: Re: Keeping a Black GTP Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomkid54
ME TOO. I have 2 black ones and one red. And and "oldie" in the barn.
The old ones are a lot more fun.
I don't care for the newer body style. The '97's & up look like every other car on the road, no style of it's own. I don't like this years GTP's at all, no 2 doors! I think the 4 doors look more like someone's dad's car & who the heck wants to be seen driving dad's car? May as well take the bus.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts