-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Econoline
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-30-2004, 07:42 PM
horsecarriage horsecarriage is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile E350 Econoline Van electrical system please help me, somebody

I hope someone can help me. I have an 87 E350 Diesel Econoline Van, and the automatic locks are trying to lock themselves, and running my batteries down. I thought I had bad batteries, but they checked out fine. I heard a noise outside the van and it was the locks trying to lock.
I have to jump my van if it sits for more than 2 days. My fuse box is worn so I do not know which fuse go to what. Please I hope someone can help me. Thanks, Linda

Last edited by horsecarriage; 08-02-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-2004, 09:05 PM
locknkey's Avatar
locknkey locknkey is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: F350 Econoline Van electrical system

Usually the locks are not supposed to lock on this model by themselves, the newer models 2000 and up would if the security system detects the vehical in motion or if the engine is running with the key in the on position....the ignition "senses" the idle and with the computer telling the locks to armed (lock the doors) The way to find out WHICH door the culpit is, well is to leave a door open and watch the locks armed themselves, the door that doesn't lock is ok, while the door that does is the culpit. usually there is a short in the circuit that controls this lock on that door, it could be in the WIndow/Lock pad making the lock circuit close. The keypad is usually on the drivers door, but there is also one on the pass side, but usually its the drivers keypad that control the locks is shorting making the lock engaged..constancely....do you hear any sounds after the lock has locked? The fusebox usually will have the windows/lock circuit on one circuit, so if you have electric windows, this could also be the gremin that is stealing your battery power, or your battery could be weak and you have some other security features you may not be aware of....
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Econoline


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts