|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm Planning On Getting A Lt1 Engine Pretty Soon, So I Was Going To Buy A New Rear End With Posi Trac, I'm Planning On Getting One From A 99 Ss, What Gears Would This Rear End Have And Would It Be A Good Match For The Lt1, Plus I Was Going To Get 18" Rims As Well. PLUS I WANTED TO PUT A SIX SPEED TRANNY, A T56 IS THE ONE TO GET RIGHT?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: GEARS FOR 3rd GEN WITH LT1
if you get a used LT1 they are easy to find already mated to a T56. 4th gens with the 6 speed came standard with the 3.42 posi rear. I would not go any lower (numerically) than that. up to 4.10's are fine for an LT1 with 6 speed, but the rear gets weaker as the gears get steeper.
__________________
1995 Camaro Z28, 383ci 485+hp 495ft-lbs SOLD!!!
1965 Ford F100 1967 Chevrolet Impala (Sold) 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle (Sold) 1972 BMW R60/5 (Sold) 1980 Harley Davidson FLH 1987 Harley Davidson XLH 1992 Astro EXT AWD 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier 2000 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car 1087/3222 (Sold) 2001 Pontiac Sunfire 2002 Trailblazer LTZ (Sold) South Carolina F and Y Bodies www.SCFYB.com |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
i'm about to do the same swap, 3.42 is what i am going with. 4.10's are a little too extreme in my opinion, 3.73's are good if you want a happy medium between drag and highway
__________________
'92 RS lt1/t56, lt4 hot cam, 30lb injectors, 54mm throttle body, full exhaust, 4.11 posi, 4 coil ignition, alluminum driveshaft, adj rear suspension, low. springs, electric water pump, custom tune. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GEARS FOR 3rd GEN WITH LT1
drvngstorm05 whens that gonna go in?
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later. 194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies 179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ ON ITS WAY: MORE R.I.P. Andy 87 Benz 190e - DD 01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GEARS FOR 3rd GEN WITH LT1
the more you drive on the hightway the lower the gear you should use. im going with a 3.42 in my car, but that up from 2.73 cause i got a sixer...
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: GEARS FOR 3rd GEN WITH LT1
I'm Planning On Dropping Engine/tranny/rearend In About A Month And Half. I'm Also Planning On Doing All The Work Myself, Hey You Got To Learn Some Day.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: GEARS FOR 3rd GEN WITH LT1
If you get a T56 make sure you get one thats newer than 94. I think after that they got better gear ratios or something.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|