-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
disturbed_evolutio disturbed_evolutio is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Suspension Noise

This is something I have noticed recently. In the mornings when I drive off to work. The car makes a rubbing sound when it hits bumps. I thought at first when I heard this for the first time, that it was the road hitting the bottom of the car, or the tire hitting the inside of the wheel well. But this sound never happens when I ride the exact same route, later in the day or after I have used the car for awhile.

Well this morning it was really noticable. It makes the sound on left turns as well as bumps in the road. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the suspension. But not sure what? I don't know the matience history of this car since I have had it for under a year. Could it be worn suspension? Cause I have to admit, that doesn't feel great itself.

Also it rained alot the other night, and I didn't drive it all day yesterday. So Im thinking moisture might be a thing as well. Moisture in the morning from condesation (especially in this weather)

Thanks in advance,


Car: 95' SL1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2004, 01:33 AM
sierrap615 sierrap615 is offline
Master Tech Wanna-be
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Suspension Noise

you can go to the dealership service desk and get a copy of the service history(unless they whent to jiffy lube or such).

honsitly, i don't much of suspension. but heres what i do know.

is the nosie from the left side or right side?
check tire pressure.
check motor mounts(unlikey, but this with a bad CV joint happened to me)
check CV boots
check inside of tires for possible rubbing area
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2004, 10:28 AM
jgtatl jgtatl is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Suspension Noise

I am having this same problem. Mine seems to stop when the car gets warm after I have driven a few minutes. and it is driving me nuts!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
disturbed_evolutio disturbed_evolutio is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Suspension Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtatl
I am having this same problem. Mine seems to stop when the car gets warm after I have driven a few minutes. and it is driving me nuts!

Well I was asking around on another forum and they said it could either be the wheel bearing, strut or axle. I'm leaning towards the strut.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts