|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
could be major, could be stupid
I have a 94 honda civic dx non - vtec 1.5L. I have a short ram intake,header, full exhaust with hi-flow cat, may or may not be smog legal. I also have a problem with the new intake manifold i put on, shorter and fatter runners, bolts up nice at every spot, but i can't get the car to idle right. It revs between 1000 and 1500 unless i have the a/c on and when the compressor kicks off it revs again. I have sprayed carb/choke cleaner on every spot that the new intake manifold mates up to and they are sealed. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong, maybe i have to much air and not enough fuel? Or is the intake just a peice of sh** and should i go back to stock? Any info would be much appreciated.
__________________
I'll be your huckleberry, I.M. name on aol JncoJoker4 if you have answers to my threads |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: could be major, could be stupid
There should be a screw on the manifold to play with, try adjusting that with the car running and see if you can get it to lower the idle without stalling your car when driving.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: could be major, could be stupid
Quote:
__________________
I'll be your huckleberry, I.M. name on aol JncoJoker4 if you have answers to my threads |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
the same thing happend to me a while back...i just let it warm up for about 5-10 mins and she started to idle regularly..so try lettin her warm up for a few mins and see what happens
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
the only problem is that this isn't a stock intake manifold. It is an aftermarket obx manifold. It has fat and short runners apposed to long and skinny, and i can't seem to get it to idle right. I'll try to get some pics up tonight if possible to see if you guys have any pointers that i may not see, thanks
__________________
I'll be your huckleberry, I.M. name on aol JncoJoker4 if you have answers to my threads |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: could be major, could be stupid
try to adjust your iac valve. looks like a film cantainer on your mani.
__________________
1993 honda civic si -turbo charged b18c1 dynoed: 316whp at 11lbs |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
any suggestion on how to adjust it? i will try to get a pic guys i'm sorry it ain't up yet
__________________
I'll be your huckleberry, I.M. name on aol JncoJoker4 if you have answers to my threads |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|