-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-21-2004, 11:56 AM
blkgt50 blkgt50 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question what do i need.

I'm going to put a 95 cobra motor into my 92 GT, what do I need to make this thing run. I'm sure that it's a drop for the motor (i hope). but do I need any wiring harnesses or the computer from that 95?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
SVTcobra306's Avatar
SVTcobra306 SVTcobra306 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's what I'd recommend: (I'm assuming you are getting this motor cheap)

Use the Cobra longblock, with an intake manifold (upper and lower) designed for your year car. I don't know if the oil pan is the same or not. A/C compressor and P/S pump are reversed on the '95 compared to '92. I'd say use your '92 brackets and accessories all around.

If you use the 24 lb injectors you will need a MAF meter cal'd for them. The Cobra meter is Cal'd similar to 19's and the computer makes the difference.

You will need to use a TB and EGR plate for a foxbody(see manifold above). You can use the lower intake, but you will have to drill and tap it for your Air temp sensor.

There are too many differences in the intake manifold to use it, otherwise the longblock should be a drop-in, with your wiring harness.

BTW you could simply put the heads and roller rockers off the Cobra motor, and pick a good cam for them, and then go with the intake manifold of your choice. The heads, intake, rockers, and injectors are the biggest upgrades on a Cobra motor. The block/pistons/rods/crank are standart 5.0 HO material.
__________________
1994 SVT Cobra. 306, Ported GT-40X's, Crane 2031, NX Wet Kit (100 shot for now),TKO 500, TwEECer R/T, and all the bolt-ons.....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mccobra94

1995 F-150 SC/4X4 351W/E4OD, K&N, Custom Exhaust w/Flowmaster.

Freedom Isn't Free.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2004, 12:39 PM
blkgt50 blkgt50 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: what do i need.

I think it's a good price for a motor that has 78k on it. See the reason I'm getting this motor is because mine just spun a main bearing and it's going to cost me more to get it fixed than to just get another motor for right now (the only car that I got). I just get different things from people about this motor. like I need to take the oil pan and accessories off of my car to make this motor work and others say that it's a direct swap and that I can have the car done in a day (with all the right tools).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2004, 06:26 PM
SVTcobra306's Avatar
SVTcobra306 SVTcobra306 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: what do i need.

If you use just the long block and your oil pan and accessories, you'll be fine, it will be a bolt in.

BTW if it comes with a complete intake manifold I have a buyer for it for you.....
__________________
1994 SVT Cobra. 306, Ported GT-40X's, Crane 2031, NX Wet Kit (100 shot for now),TKO 500, TwEECer R/T, and all the bolt-ons.....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mccobra94

1995 F-150 SC/4X4 351W/E4OD, K&N, Custom Exhaust w/Flowmaster.

Freedom Isn't Free.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2004, 06:32 PM
ladytex70 ladytex70 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: what do i need.

Thanks! It does come with the complete intake but I think that I'm going to just buy the upper for the fox body and sell the one for the 95. I'll keep you in mind if you want me to.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts