|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: what the hell shoul i do next | |||
| add even more power to the 425horse 500torque rb26dett (with nitrous 500/575 |
|
4 | 57.14% |
| paint it cobalt blue with a black roof |
|
0 | 0% |
| do even more (if i even can) to the already sick suspension setup |
|
3 | 42.86% |
| Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
8 piston brakes needed
8 piston brakes needed! please if anyone knows of a company who can get me a 8 pot big brake kit for the front of a 240 (stock rears so none needed out back burnouts drifting and so some crazy ass wild fun
)i may be crazy but least im not insane (or am i ??? ![]() )
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
If you have $3000 to spend, call brembo.
__________________
![]() Ain't this the pretiest motor or what? ![]() Fines are the fee you pay for the privilege of driving as fast as you want
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
$3000 is cheap... I'm sure he can afford them if he has what he claims...
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
dont you think thats a bit more stopping power than needed.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
Call Tarox. They make 10-piston kits...as if you really need eight piston calipers.hehe
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
Yeah 8 Piston Front Calipers And Single Rear Calipers.... I Can See It Now.... Kid With The Dumbass Idea Not To Balance The Braking System Careens Off A Mountainside While Attempting To Drift, Applying Brakes And Facing Some Major Understeer And Panicing!
Like Every Major Racing Team, Car Tuner, Etc. When You Do Brake You Have To Have Proper Balance Or You Will Be Doing More Harm Than Good.
__________________
IF I AM TYPING IN CAPS (LIKE NOW) I AM SORRY BECAUSE I AM AT WORK (DATA ENTRY) AND I HAVE NO CAPS LOCK BUTTON AND NO WAY TO CHANGE MY UPPER CASE LETTERING. SORRY! EMAIL CONTACT: [email protected] Last edited by musicsurfman; 07-16-2004 at 11:06 AM. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
They had an article on lasts months boost mag on how kids are screwwing up the braking balance of the car. This can lead to serious consiquences.
When I bought the ZX aluminum calipers, I bought both front and rear, and will also get the TT MC, that way, I will keep it as close to balanced as possible, even if not like stock intended. Get some ZX brakes and brembo rotors, instead of getting 8pot front and stock rear and then go over the cliff like musicsurf said. We ain't idiots, most of us like Jspec, music, logik (well when he ain't being a bad ass), logikal (what are these two brothers or ???), and many more have tons of info to give. Listen before you do something you will regrett. But it's your ass, so you decide. By the way, I didn't think braking helps drifting, I thought it was throwing the car to the side and holding the SLIDE. I know they play some role but I don't think it isn't significant in the drift, just helps maybe avoid the wall or other cars.
__________________
![]() Ain't this the pretiest motor or what? ![]() Fines are the fee you pay for the privilege of driving as fast as you want
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
wow just noticed this pole up top too......can i see pix of this rb26dett and your sick suspension set up? and i just realized your the only one to vote.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
I Like How He Is Probably The Only Person In The World To Have A Rb26dett With More Torque Than Hp.
__________________
IF I AM TYPING IN CAPS (LIKE NOW) I AM SORRY BECAUSE I AM AT WORK (DATA ENTRY) AND I HAVE NO CAPS LOCK BUTTON AND NO WAY TO CHANGE MY UPPER CASE LETTERING. SORRY! EMAIL CONTACT: [email protected] |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
der... de ace carz i seez on the tv has 8 potz soo iz needz themz on myz tw0-4-ty but i cants afforded the bacz oh yeahz will theys fits under mine 14in spinnaz
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
yo yo yo boiz your ride sounds mad dope is it JDM too paint that beetch flat black so it'll be dope
god look what i've missed tehe |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: 8 piston brakes needed
Quote:
__________________
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
braking helps to induce the drift... its called a brake drift, but applying the right ammount of braking into a corner you transfer the weight to the front and can get the back end to swing out easier...
you dont need 8 pot brakes to do this. |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
Never tried drifting, nice to know dekand, unlike most of you driving your little babies, mine is in the garage and will be ther for a minute. Oh, I did do a couple of donughts in my T-ram, but when I tried to do some serious fish tailing, I almost wrecked it, so much for my drifting career.
__________________
![]() Ain't this the pretiest motor or what? ![]() Fines are the fee you pay for the privilege of driving as fast as you want
|
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 8 piston brakes needed
hahaha... i dont drift my car
i just like to watch drifting/learn about it... i MIGHT get an s13 or cheap s14 sometime down the line and build it to drift, but we'll see about that, for now im concentrated on my rb25/s14 street machine.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|