-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Captain America Captain America is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replaced Fuel Pump & Relay Switch...Help

Hi,
My 1995 Ford Ranger died at a light Friday night and I assumed it was the fuel pump. I am no mechanic. Well after spending almost $90 on the pump it still doesn't work. Today I replaced the relay switch in the power distribution box. Still no power to the pump, and another part I did not need. Checked the switch on the passengers side kick plate and it did not pop up. Engine turns over but will not start and the pump does not activate when you initially start the truck. Anything else I can check? I took my test light and it showed power where the relay switch plugs in, but there is no power to the tank.

Thanks

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2004, 10:37 PM
altij altij is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Replaced Fuel Pump & Relay Switch...Help

how did you check power to tank?because i have same problem,already change a lot of parts,didnt start,but truck has 160,000 so need it anyway.Was it hard to change the pump?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Captain America Captain America is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
This story has a sad ending. After I did all this I should have known better. I went to check the fuel shut off switch and it was unplugged. When I first checked it I assumed it was "plugged in". Well it wasn't. I plugged it in and it started right up. How the heck it got unplugged is beyond me.

As far as taking the gas tank out to me that was easy. I am an autobodyman( No I am not a mechanic) We send all mechanical problems to the mechenic. I would have asked a mechenic but right now after 14 years at the shop I was working at they decided to go out of business so I am unemployed. Ok back to the question I found it easier to take the bed off. You have 6 bolts on the top of the bed to take off, 4 bumper bolts, 3 gas cap screws, and unplug and taillight harness. You do not have to take the bed all the way off, at least I didn't. My wife and I just lifted it up and back enough so I could get to the tank.

Steve
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts