-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-02-2004, 04:21 PM
dirttraker dirttraker is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clunking in front end of '03 2500

I have an '03 Hemi 2500 4x4 Ram. I put 315/75/17 BFG's on it. I also put a 2" lift (with new shocks) on the front to accomodate the tires.

When the ground is wet I get clunk in the front end that I can feel in the floorboard. Like a link arm is loose? It only does it when the ground is wet. It does it when turning left or right. Once it is wet I can make the noise sitting still by just turning the wheel a 1/4 turn or so. I have checked and double checked all of the nuts and bolts and nothing is loose.
Any info on bushing problems or any other ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
pind pind is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 326
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Clunking in front end of '03 2500

I would check, just for fun of course, all of the pivot points and bushings on the front end, better yet, have a buddy wiggle the steering wheel back and forth, and get under there and look for signs of problems.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts