|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
engine
i got myself confused..tell me if this is right or wrong please
h22a-vtec 92-96 prelude 190hp- jdm 92+ 220hp h22a4-97-01 vtec/sh 195/200 hp h23a-non-vtec 160hp if i have anything wrong or left anything out..please let me.. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
your sort of right.
'97-'01 Type SH/SE H22a USDM - 200hp 5 speed 195hp auto Type-S JDM - 220hp '92-96 VTEC H22a - 190hp '92-96 SR/Si H23a - 160hp |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
what is h22a4 ???
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Actually I think the '97-01 Preludes ARE H22a4.
So the only thing you were wrong about was the Type-S. The Type-S only existed from 97+ (I think)
__________________
AF Nordic Crew #3 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
The H22A4 is the die cast, open deck Prleude motor which was available in America from 97-current (190-200hp, depending upon transmission and model year). All USDM engine from 93-96 were the H22A1, which were sand cast, closed deck blocks producing 190hp. All Prelude Si's produced 160hp and used the H23A1 motor. European models differed using the H22A5 and God knows what else, the only solid information I can offer is based upon USDM setups.
__________________
'03 Corvette Z06 '99 Prelude SH |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
97-98 usd 5sp =195hp
auto=190hp 99-01 usd 5sp =200hp suto=195hp basically the 99s got 5 more hp in both auto and manual.
__________________
3Geez Member Since: October 27, 2001 You want an Acura or a Vw? I can sell you a brand new one. I want a NSX and have to look at them all day. I need to sell whole bunch of cars to ever be able to afford one, so please help me out. :hehe: |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I'll have to find an A1 block to look at closely now.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just to be clear fritz, that is an inference, not a fact. The only good reason to swtich over to open deck would be due to the difference in casting method, which I know is the reason why most import manufacturers are using open deck now (those dies are hard to remove with a solid deck
). I haven't talked to any Honda engineers who've said that was definitely the case, it's just the only scenario that makes sense to me.
__________________
'03 Corvette Z06 '99 Prelude SH |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
aiite..5th gen 97 lude with a h22a engine..it is actually a h22a4..?
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
if it's a USDM '97, then yes, it's an H22A4. It says so right on the engine block.
__________________
'03 Corvette Z06 '99 Prelude SH |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi there, I have a JDM Accord SiR 1994. It currently has a H22A2 on board. Does anyone know the difference of H22A2 and the standard H22A? Before the engine transplant I used to have a H22A-2001033 block, now my new block reads as H22A2-0400153. What is the difference with those two?
Are there any difference in terms of performance between H22A1, H22A2. H22A3, H22A4, H22A5 and H22A6? Which one does the JDM Accord Euro-R and JDM Prelude Type-S has? Thanks |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|