-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Forcefed02 Forcefed02 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spark Plugs

I'm getting ready to change the plugs on my GTP and have read that iridium & platinum plugs should not be used because they tend to run too hot in our engines. Has anyone else heard of this? If this is true, then I will go with the standard NGK v-power plugs. Is the TR4 plug the correct one to go with while using the stock SC pulley?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Ripn12s's Avatar
Ripn12s Ripn12s is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ripn12s
Re: Spark Plugs

I'd try Autolites

Autolite 605 is the plug you'll need
Autolite 104 is a few heat ranges colder

$1 a plug, I've been running Autolites for over 2yrs and couldnt be happier
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Forcefed02 Forcefed02 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
spark plugs

Thanks. I did some research and checked what plugs came in the car from the factory. They are the NGK brand premium double-tipped platinum plugs. I also found out through the NGK.com (411 site) that iridium plugs are safe to use in our supercharged engines. Supposedly, the iridium plugs require less voltage to produce an equivalent spark than the platinum (or standard) plugs would. This translates into better fuel economy (which we can all use) and possibly a slight increase in power over a standard plug.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2004, 10:51 AM
kilroypr's Avatar
kilroypr kilroypr is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kilroypr Send a message via Yahoo to kilroypr
Re: Spark Plugs

I am using the Delcos(2 heat ranges cooler) because I am using a smaller pulley. If you have no mods then you are more than ok with what you got.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2004, 09:49 PM
kustomkid54's Avatar
kustomkid54 kustomkid54 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,340
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Spark Plugs

What's the number on the Delcos? Thanks
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts