-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-14-2004, 04:07 PM
tenacious_me tenacious_me is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 1991 Cutlass Ciera---Flasher problems!

Recently, my turn signals wouldn't blink. Then, after a few days, they started blinking again...but very slowly. Now, they have completely gone out. The only thing that works---although very pitifully---are the hazards. I've already put new bulbs in, and that didn't do anything.

So, it was suggested I put a new flasher (flash component) in. But, I looked for it, and don't know where it is. Does anyone know---is it usually in the fuse box in the glove compartment, or under the dash somewhere? What exactly does it look like?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Bill V Bill V is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1991 Cutlass Ciera---Flasher problems!

Remove the ash tray assembly (4 7mm head screws) to access the flasher.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-22-2004, 05:40 PM
enquistj enquistj is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 1991 Cutlass Ciera---Flasher problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V
Remove the ash tray assembly (4 7mm head screws) to access the flasher.
I have a 1991 Cutlass Cruiser Station Wagon. and I am ready to (insert you favorite mean act here) to the designer.

I found the hazard flasher, because it still worked. It was behind the glove compartment insert, which I removed, and plugged into a board which faced back to the firewall, (meaning I couldn's see a d... thing back there.) But apparently, the turn signal flasher is in a completely different location.

I have followed instructions to:
1) remove the fuse panel and look behind it.
2) remove the ash tray assembly to access the flasher.
3) look at the "base of the steering column"

all to no avail. arrgggggghhh!!!!

PLEASE, can anybody help?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2005, 01:08 PM
jacobonline jacobonline is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1991 Cutlass Ciera---Flasher problems!

I have a 1990 Cutlass Ciera. I found my turn signal flasher to the right side of of the ash tray as well (you have to take the ashtray assembly out). I did'nt see it at first but I reached around and finally found it by touch. It was just to the right behind the plastic panel. I found a picture of it just to make sure it was the correct item. Good Luck!
http://198.208.187.182/internet/Part...artnbr=SF323YB
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts