-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-14-2001, 11:05 AM
VQuick VQuick is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There will be two models of the production RSX. The base model(like the LS and RS) will have the 2L in a 160hp, 141lb-ft version, and there will be a hotter 200hp, 142lb-ft version(like the GS-R). I was kinda puzzled why there was only a 1lb-ft difference in torque. They should have been able to squeeze out more than that.
A long time ago, the word was that an S2K-based sedan would replace the 4-dr 'Teg in order to compete with the Lexus IS. There was a possibility that the Prelude would either be discontinued or be based on the S2000 platform as well. But I read that in an issue of SCC from '99, so I'm sure there might be different plans by now.
__________________
Quote:
“What does ‘kouki’ mean? Are you saying my car is crazy or something?”
Scott-Revs: Motown Muscle
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2001, 11:16 AM
VQuick VQuick is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry guys...

I meant to post this as a reply in the RS-X thread.:o

But I guess this really could start a new topic, though. I'm not a Honda/Acura guy, I'll admit it. I think they're nice cars, but they don't do anything for me. The dealers here know they're nice cars, and charge too much. A local Honda dealer wanted $13k for a bare-bones 2k Civic hatchback, when I could have easily gotten a Focus ZX3 for $12,800 with almost all the options, missing only a sunroof. The Civic HB didn't even have as options some of the things the Focus had standard! I just wish the Civic's price would have been lower. I heard that they could be as low as $10-11k.

I have a Maxima now, and still kinda want a Civic. The payments are about double what the Civic HB woudl have been. I wanted the better handling and the tunabilty, but didn't want to sacrifice on the size, seating, etc. And there's tons of Civics here, so I'll stick with my Maxima.
__________________
Quote:
“What does ‘kouki’ mean? Are you saying my car is crazy or something?”
Scott-Revs: Motown Muscle
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2001, 11:40 AM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
THe hot version revs much higher, , and must have more torque that high up, but less low down. So the base version is 'normal', the big engine is a screamer.
Good choice with the Maxima, and jap cars are getting more expensive (the new civic really shows this, and it is boring, doesn't make a good ricer)
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2001, 05:31 PM
VQuick VQuick is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I woulda been a good ricer!

I had so many plans for a Civic until I saw the sticker at the dealer. I'd have tricked out my HB with a B16 swap, stroked it to 2 liters, gotten Spoon's magnesium wheels, carbon fiber chin spoiler, close-ratio gearing, you name it.

Nothin' like that for a Maxima.hehe
__________________
Quote:
“What does ‘kouki’ mean? Are you saying my car is crazy or something?”
Scott-Revs: Motown Muscle
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2001, 09:34 AM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I don't lik enew Civics. Go with an old one (like, a 99) Hell, you could get used, 160hp Si for the price of a new one!
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2001, 04:43 PM
VQuick VQuick is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was looking at a '00 HB...

I don't like the '01s. There's no HB, and I wouldn't be able to do a B16A swap, because there's nothing with that engine for '01. Can't use an engine older than the car, y'know?
I just heard that the next Si will still have the B16A. What's up with that? That old SCC had said that it would get the B18 from the GS-R. It would make sense, since the standard Civics have a 1.7L. Why have the go-fast version use a smaller engine?

Oh yeah, scratch the B16 swap. I'd rather have an LS B18, so I can do the LS/VTEC head conversion for more torque. Then I'd stroke it to 2 liters.:frog:
__________________
Quote:
“What does ‘kouki’ mean? Are you saying my car is crazy or something?”
Scott-Revs: Motown Muscle
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-2001, 10:58 PM
johnny's Avatar
johnny johnny is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
NO! The RSX is EVIL. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet. Blech. I need to see them out in the open. But, man... I wish they could have just kept the Integra name.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2001, 03:10 AM
Jay! Jay! is offline
Horizontally Opposed
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
In Japan, it still is an Integra. They're only changing the name in America, for the Acura version (which is the same, mostly). The same way the TL is an Inspire (with red/white taillights!)...


...or maybe the TL is a Saber (I'm confused again*)...


...and the RL is still a Legend (which most Americans think is dead!)...


I guess we'lll know the real Integra fans when they rip off Acura's B.S. and put the new Integra scripts on along with Honda logos. :sun:

*I thought the Inspire was the CL, but maybe they introduced the new body style in the U.S. first. Anybody know better?
__________________
Hierarchy of Subaru:
Brat > Coupes > Wagons > Sedans > Baja
(Click to see mine!)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2001, 05:08 AM
johnny's Avatar
johnny johnny is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
If I ever get an RS-X, I'm gonna make sure to order the japanese integra emblems.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-16-2001, 09:00 AM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I also like the Integra name better. But the car is improved. (styling is subjective- I pregfer the old one)
But hey, Acura is here to make money.
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-16-2001, 11:37 AM
JD@af's Avatar
JD@af JD@af is offline
Missing in action
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
FYI

I'm going to move this into the RSX forum where it rightly belongs. But please, carry on
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-2001, 08:06 PM
Jay! Jay! is offline
Horizontally Opposed
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
So which one is the TL?

BTW, congrats on 100 posts, johnny! we hit it right about the same time!
__________________
Hierarchy of Subaru:
Brat > Coupes > Wagons > Sedans > Baja
(Click to see mine!)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2001, 07:54 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 855
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the TL is the one right below where he says TL. I think it looks great. so did the previous gen CL. the the RL....well.. the Legend looked MUCH better
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2001, 05:10 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
You gotta love the RSX commercial with the chick going down the road on a surf-board thing.
This car will be quite good, a real drivers car (with the power so high up, grandma wont go for it)
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-31-2001, 12:12 PM
RiceRocket RiceRocket is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 428
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I was looking at a '00 HB...

Quote:
Originally posted by VQuick
I don't like the '01s. There's no HB, and I wouldn't be able to do a B16A swap, because there's nothing with that engine for '01. Can't use an engine older than the car, y'know?
I just heard that the next Si will still have the B16A. What's up with that? That old SCC had said that it would get the B18 from the GS-R. It would make sense, since the standard Civics have a 1.7L. Why have the go-fast version use a smaller engine?

Oh yeah, scratch the B16 swap. I'd rather have an LS B18, so I can do the LS/VTEC head conversion for more torque. Then I'd stroke it to 2 liters.:frog:
I too am looking into getting a civic, except for that they are so expensive.... maybe i can get a new hyundai accent for like 7K....with the 100k mile warranty... :flash:
__________________
CHECK OUT THE STREET RACING FORUM!
http://www.importthugs.com
Check out the site for cool decals, HOT JDM Style License Plate, Race Videos & More!


AF TOFU CREW MEMBER #03 - First Rule of Tofu Crew is You don't talk about the Tofu Crew!
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nissan Aims for Hybrid Car in 2010 - Car and Driver Automotive News Automotive News Desk 0 09-25-2006 11:10 AM
Toyota and Honda Top May Sales Charts - Car and Driver Automotive News Automotive News Desk 0 06-05-2006 03:50 PM
Nissan Sells Fewer Cars, Makes More Money - Car and Driver Automotive News Automotive News Desk 0 04-27-2006 12:10 AM
Best handeling car for than $30,000 Car and Driver Paghmani M3 0 02-09-2004 03:30 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts