-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-08-2004, 10:35 PM
EclipseChick_96's Avatar
EclipseChick_96 EclipseChick_96 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Buying a Saturn...

I am looking at the 2004 Saturn Ions or the Quad Coupes.

Keep in mind, it will be a family mobile, but I would like it to look sporty (selling my 1996 Eclipse Convertible so I want to keep that "sporty" look with a new car).

I'm trying to figure out which one will best suit my needs. Any suggestions?

Thanks for you help!



Tammie
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-10-2004, 06:57 PM
ImpoRt_KiLLeR_5.7 ImpoRt_KiLLeR_5.7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Buying a Saturn...

L 200/300 are nice and can be made sporty , the ion is a good vehicle i would recomend the ion3 , 4 door the suicide doors are kinda hard with car seats if you need one, and get the body kit for an extra 1500 bucks and it looks sporty
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-2004, 08:12 PM
SabreKhan's Avatar
SabreKhan SabreKhan is offline
The middle pedal is bad
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Buying a Saturn...

RedLine!!! Get the Ion RedLine! It has all the good stuff from the QuadCoupe, but it's faster.
__________________
Look at the teeny picture of my car!

2004 Impreza WRX (SCCA DS 519)
2000 Saturn SL
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2004, 01:43 PM
banjo215 banjo215 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah I would consider a redline or a L-series but not the standard ions... maybe after the 2.4 170hp version comes out?


Bill
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Turbo Monster's Avatar
Turbo Monster Turbo Monster is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Buying a Saturn...

but uhh, the redline already has 205, I'd go for the ion, I drove one, and they definitely take off!
__________________
Well I try my best To be just like I am
But everybody wants you To be just like them!
~Rage Against The Machine
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2004, 05:48 AM
grimple1 grimple1 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to grimple1 Send a message via Yahoo to grimple1
Re: Re: Buying a Saturn...

ion redline.. hands down.


ecotec for teh win.



if you're not entirely deadset on a saturn and open to other GM cars the Chevy. Cobalt isn't too bad either... same engine...same concept.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 PM
weeeeeble weeeeeble is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
93 Saturn question

iwhat do u guys think this is worth?


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2004, 01:18 AM
sierrap615 sierrap615 is offline
Master Tech Wanna-be
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Buying a Saturn...

i would not buy it. possible frame damage, where are the coolent and wiper fluid caps? and whats up with that wiper? also notice the seller didn't say anything about the engine. it might be a good parts car
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-02-2004, 05:02 AM
malcolm brumley malcolm brumley is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Buying a Saturn...

The saturn Ion is a great choice. If you are into speed then spend the extra money and get the redline but if not , you can save a lot of money and get a Ion 2 with a Tenn. rebuilt title from me. I have rebuilt 55 saturns over the last 7 years with many satisfied customers. I price them for the N.A.D.A. book loan value.
__________________
macbrum
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 AM
malcolm brumley malcolm brumley is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Buying a Saturn...

I am impressed with the ion. I liked the s series but was dissapointed with a few shortcomings. They have improved the inside roominess and made the engine compartment smaller, yet easier to reach all around the motor. The subframe is a lot stronger and i like the console position. The battery is in the trunk where it should be. I have rebuilt 54 s series cars and now have completed my first Ion. Congradulations Saturn! I believe you have a winner.
__________________
macbrum
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts