-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Maintenance
Register FAQ Community
Maintenance Have questions? Find answers. Help out fellow Supra owners.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-07-2004, 05:21 PM
DaMoNe6969's Avatar
DaMoNe6969 DaMoNe6969 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Turbo oil cooler

I was thinkin of designing a Turbo oil cooler to cool down the oil before it enters the turbo.. Do you think this would be a good idea? If so, which of the two turbo oil lines is the oil feed line? The small tube going to the union bolt? or is it the bigger acordian type pipe? Im assuming its the small one but just checking.. Ive got my turbo out getting rebuilt.. I want to get as much done in that area as I can..

Also, how much pressure would the cooler havto handle? I figured using a small tranny cooler wouldnt be good because tranny coolers are designed for low pressure.. Would a powersteering cooler or AC condensor work better?? Is this even worth doing? Is it going to prolong the life of the bearings or seals at all?
__________________
1991 Camaro Z28
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2004, 06:09 PM
projectsupramk3's Avatar
projectsupramk3 projectsupramk3 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to projectsupramk3
Re: Turbo oil cooler

If you want to upgrade the oil cooler or are just worried about the heat, which is normal, then simply replace the stock unit up front with a larger aftermarket one. The oil doesn't do much cooling with the ct-26 since we have a water cooler for that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2004, 02:43 AM
DaMoNe6969's Avatar
DaMoNe6969 DaMoNe6969 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Turbo oil cooler

Alright thanx once again!

this forum wouldnt be of much value without ya
__________________
1991 Camaro Z28
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2004, 05:41 PM
projectsupramk3's Avatar
projectsupramk3 projectsupramk3 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to projectsupramk3
Thanks for the kind words man, I don't know what I'd do all day if I didn't have to answer posts I didn't mention this in the last post but I've never seen a need for an in-line turbo cooler, even on upgraded turbo 7M's, the guys that run oil lube/cooled turbo's with no water tap.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Maintenance


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts