-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Cool Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Just trying out sketching concepts for about 1 hour and came up with this:



Reminded me of the 360 Modena, so I stuck a Ferrari badge on it and turned it into a ferrari . Took about 25 mins.

Please comment.

Thanks,

Ross.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2004, 10:09 AM
mike@af's Avatar
mike@af mike@af is offline
Captain Over Engineer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,711
Thanks: 27
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Reminds me of an Opel or a Peugot concept
__________________
-Mike
AF Director of Media / Photographer

[email protected] | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2004, 10:40 AM
HighOctaneNOSUser's Avatar
HighOctaneNOSUser HighOctaneNOSUser is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

It looks like a ferrari to me. Maybe if you clean it up and send it they'll build it. But..............that would be a longshot...
__________________

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2004, 11:07 AM
5uPrA RyDa's Avatar
5uPrA RyDa 5uPrA RyDa is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 5uPrA RyDa
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

looks good
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Re: Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctaneNOSUser
It looks like a ferrari to me. Maybe if you clean it up and send it they'll build it. But..............that would be a longshot...
lol, I think I'd have more chance winning the lottery 20 times in a row. I'll probably try brushing it up with PS when I get it.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2004, 11:41 AM
LilGmoney LilGmoney is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Re: Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

I don't like it....

It intimidates some people..............................
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2004, 01:17 PM
KustmAce's Avatar
KustmAce KustmAce is offline
Grande Boleros de Fuego
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,719
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

It says 250 Modena...

I like it too, though the badge is a bit big.
__________________
MAKE ART, NOT WAR
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2004, 02:34 PM
AnsisK's Avatar
AnsisK AnsisK is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Hmm, I don't see any Ferrari in it. Still looks neat!!!

Oh and they already passed 450, they're currently at 612.

Usually, this is not for every drawing, but usually, the opposite side of the car (the car's right) should be darker.

Two other things. Try adding more contrast.
Second, it looks like the drawing is a bit on the small side (thick lines). Get some bigger paper, which won't restrict you at all. Then you should loosen up. Keep it loose, draw with your arm, not your hand.
__________________
eliseracer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2004, 03:34 PM
stuffbyalex's Avatar
stuffbyalex stuffbyalex is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

cool concept. but the rims and logo are a little big, maybe?
__________________
www.geocities.com/stuffbyalex
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2004, 08:55 PM
asaenz's Avatar
asaenz asaenz is offline
Sketch Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,714
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I like it, better than any design I could come up with.

Perhaps a wider body would be nice. IMO
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-07-2004, 02:56 AM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Thanks for the comments. I'll make the image bigger and stretch it to make the body a bit wider, then I'll print it off, and try tracing it with my whole arm, and then I'll fix the shading, try some smaller rims and put a smaller ferrari badge on the front . Thats about it I think.

Hey AnsisK, look at this: http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/3606.html and you'll see the resembalance.
Also, Its supposed to be a 450 Modena not a Scaglietti. Anyway, not all Ferrari's look the same.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.

Last edited by Ra_15; 06-07-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2004, 04:25 AM
Zwofurti Zwofurti is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 518
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Zwofurti
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

you should try to make a longer and a wider body, more realistic!
__________________
I'm from Sweden!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:29 AM
AnsisK's Avatar
AnsisK AnsisK is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Okay, I see it a bit better now.

Ferrari generally follows a sequence of numbers, similar to Porsche's 9-hundred naming system. For instance, theres was the 328, then they made the 348. A couple years later they made the 355. Then the 4's and 5's. They also threw in the 360, acting as the successor to the 355. I also think that your 460 is rather close (hence causing confusion) to the 456 series.
Well, naming is a minor detail that comes later in the design progress.
__________________
eliseracer
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

OK, I'll change the name. I'm working on an update, about three times bigger that the one you see now. Hopefully get it to you soon.

Thanks,

Ross.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Re: Ferrari 450 Modena Concept

Here it is. Takes up a full A4 piece of paper. Changed the rims, left air intake and left light, made it wider, new badge and its now called a 540 Modena .

EDIT: Forgot to post the pic lol,


Any better?

Thanks,

Ross.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts