-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Diecast Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Diecast Car Modeling Discuss and show diecast vehicles that you have modified, or that you have collected.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Chains Chains is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Window troubles

Ok well I just painted the windows of a car that I have and I used spray paint (sorry if thats not a good thing to do) and not the back window and side windows look like crap what should I do?

I've tried sanding it off a bit and then repainting it but that doesn't work I'm thinkin about just painting both sides....

ANY IMPUT??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-2004, 04:44 PM
FlySkyline's Avatar
FlySkyline FlySkyline is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 513
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FlySkyline Send a message via MSN to FlySkyline
Re: Window troubles

spray paint isnt the best thing to use. but if you do use it, make sure that it is a fair distance away (1 or 1.5 feet) so that the paint doesnt run or glop up.

now my next thing to say is maybe the paint doesnt mix with the plastic causing it to become a mess. i would just go get some brush paint and try that.

just wondering, what model is it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Gafoto's Avatar
Gafoto Gafoto is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Gafoto Send a message via MSN to Gafoto
Re: Re: Window troubles

What effect are you trying to achieve? For most situations though I recommend this:

Spray on the outside (I suspect you've already messed up the inside) and use high grit sandpapers and polish to get a nice sheen and consistency on the window. You might wanna PM our Mod. He knows stuff. Like paint stuff. And he'll tell you what your sink was cast of.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Diecast Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts