|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
95 Bonne with a water pump leak
I just heard from the mechanic, my water pump is leaking. What should I expect it to cost? I'm in Minneapolis if that has any bearing.
Thanks!!! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 95 Bonne with a water pump leak
Do you need a new water pump? or just need to have it re-sealed? (I would get a new one either way depending on the mileage, but mechanics can do some sneeky things....) The labor is going to be what kills you; most shops charge around $60 an hour for labor, and they look up how many hours it should take in the mechanics repair estimate guide, then charge you for however many hours are listed there. It is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of an hour and a half or two hours, so probably $100-120 plus the price of the part
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Then I should be concerned when they tell me 500 bucks? That's the hard thing is finding an organization that you can trust.
Thanks Andy |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 95 Bonne with a water pump leak
I havnt had mine replaced; so i dont know how much the part is. ask them for a printed estimate to find out where they are trying to rape you....
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 95 Bonne with a water pump leak
Quote:
I think $500 might be about right, because on the 1995 they have to DROP THE ENGINE to get at the water pump. A whole lotta labor charge to do that. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 95 Bonne with a water pump leak
Water pump for it shouldn't be over $40.00 for this car.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|