-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-05-2004, 02:25 PM
ArmyAutoFanatic ArmyAutoFanatic is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feasibility of Turbo Eclipse for second car

I've had my car for a few months, and it's a beater, just meant for me to learn to drive on etc. I've been looking at various cars, and while there are a few cars I like, both import and domestic, Eclipses seem to have everything I want.

I'm turning 17 in June and then going to Basic and AIT for the army till around December. I plan on buying my car before I leave, and then sending my brother money to build the car(As in make it fast...yes, I know I'll only be 17 and probably shouldn't have a rocket, but I've been pretty responsible. No tickets and no accidents.) for me while I'm gone.

I want your honest opinion of whether or not you think a GSX or GS-T is an acceptable car for a 17 year old. I'll almost be 18 when I get back from training and have the car finished(I plan on adding a few parts at a time, starting with performance, then exterior, then sound, in that order of amount of money as well), and I do have the money for the car and the insurance. But I don't know anyone with one of these cars, only crappy RS.

Please don't flame me, I'm new. If there is another thread like this, I apologize greatly in advance.

*Hides from possible flame fest*
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
RattlesnakeGST RattlesnakeGST is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I highly doubt that someone opinion on whether you should buy one or not is actually going to change your mind about getting one.. Insurance is a killer if youre under 25 most of the time.. Depending on where you live.. Id say go for it..Cause its what youre going to do anyway..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
1stGenRocks's Avatar
1stGenRocks 1stGenRocks is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,973
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 1stGenRocks
Re: Feasibility of Turbo Eclipse for second car

id also say not to buy it before basic. buy it after and do the mods yourself. its cheaper and you know exactly how everything works so you can fix it easier
__________________
-1stGenRocks-
95 Tsi AWD: 6 bolt, DSMLink, 880's, ACT 2600, lightweight flywheel, AGX's, Dropzone springs, poly motor mounts and suspension bushings, 3 inch turboback, gus modded 1g BOV, hardpipes, drilled & slotted rotors, 17's

plans: bastard 20g, water/meth injection NO FMIC
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2004, 04:30 PM
thefro thefro is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Feasibility of Turbo Eclipse for second car

i must agree, i would wait untill you get back, so you know your car inside and out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2004, 05:01 PM
ArmyAutoFanatic ArmyAutoFanatic is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Feasibility of Turbo Eclipse for second car

Hmm ok. And actually, if someone had given me a decent argument against it, or someone had an experience with it at around my age, I would probably have bought a Probe, 240sx, or something smaller until I got to the point where I think I could handle something bigger.

When getting my first car I almost got a old mid 80's 300zx until someone told me no, I'd get a bunch of tickets, gave me a long talk, and I ended up spending 1500 on my car, and saving money, instead.

And, well then, I guess I'll wait till I get back. :-P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
96spyderman's Avatar
96spyderman 96spyderman is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,025
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 96spyderman Send a message via MSN to 96spyderman
Re: Feasibility of Turbo Eclipse for second car

What's your MOS? I was 11C ( mortors ) for those who don't know.. Hopefully you are going to be in the 11 series... INFANTRY HOORAH Save your money... get car when your out and build it yourself... that way YOU can say "I DID THIS" Good Luck
__________________
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs." -Ghengis Khan
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2004, 06:26 PM
HotCrew's Avatar
HotCrew HotCrew is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HotCrew
Re: Feasibility of Turbo Eclipse for second car

Yeah wait until afterwards and dont let anyone elses opinion mess with your decision because you will end up saying " What IF?" or "I wish I bought..."
Good Luck
__________________

Check out my site
After Night Groove Team Site
RS-T Build Up Site
http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/rst
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts