|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house? |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hello!
Going off the subject of cars for a moment... ![]() I've had the 'Marbles' album by Marillion for a week now , and I reckon its the best thing i've heard for a long while. If you have realplayer, click on the links to sample parts of some tracks, and tell me what you think. (Its the type of music that grows on you every time you listen to it). www.marillion.com is the website if your interested (plus lots more samples) You're Gone Neverland Drilling Holes So, what do you think?
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well ![]() My Gallery To draw with a broken pencil is pointless. Call me Ross. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
sorry can't open the file.........
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
Try here and manually click on the Realplayer files, but you probably haven't got realplayer :
(Try the ones I mentioned above) http://www.marillion.com/discog/marbles/index.html
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well ![]() My Gallery To draw with a broken pencil is pointless. Call me Ross. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
sorry but i personaly don't like this kind of music.
sound too much like u2 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
sounds aight, kinda like a choir contemperary type music.....not my type....maybe Audio Adrenaline, or Kutless.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
This might explain:
"Silhobbit.com chose not to review this album after only a few listens, because with Marillion their best work takes some getting into. When ‘Afraid of Sunlight’ was released Silhobbit (fanzine) ashamedly made the mistake of giving it a poor review after only a few listens…..how wrong was that! ‘Afraid of Sunlight’ is dark and moody and delightful once you’ve given it time. But that was many years ago…" "Their campaign edition of Marbles compliments my opinion of the band perfectly: they are artists in every sense of the word. And if that sounds like gushing fanboy pabulum, so be it. Just listen, just go pick up Marbles, hell, pick up one of the other albums from Marillion’s “modern era” (basically anything from Brave (1994) on), as well and then smack yourself on the forehead for doubting me. I know, it’s a cleansing feeling. Like the shirt says, Marillion is probably the best band in the world." They gave the album 'Marbles' 96%. As far as I know, everyone who has listened to 'Marbles' over 5 or so times, thinks its some of the best music they have ever listened to. Go here for an example: http://www.albumvote.co.uk/albums/04/may/marbles.htm To like Marillion, you have to listen to it. The samples don't do it justice.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well ![]() My Gallery To draw with a broken pencil is pointless. Call me Ross. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
iam glad you like it but not for me....
i prefer: Kansas - dust in the wind red hot chilli pepers - road trippin' Tobymac - irene......... |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
Just saying that you have to listen to Marillion a lot to like it. When I first heard marillion, I would have probably said the same thing as you.
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well ![]() My Gallery To draw with a broken pencil is pointless. Call me Ross. |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Something Different
Toby mac........yah!!!!!!!!!
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|