|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Eastern US New York, New Jersey, Georgia and other Eastern US states. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Driving Fun
Hey, I live in the Fair Lakes/Fairfax area in VA and was wondering if any of you know where I can go drive that are :
1. no cops - or rarely 2. not so hilly 3. good amount of curvy roads 4. paved well 5. preferably nearby Basically, where can I go for a good fun drive? S. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Driving Fun
Just start driving around every night to familiarize yourself with the area and the roads, where the cops like to sit for speed traps, and possible redlight cameras. Also dont be affraid to explore roads you've never been on.
__________________
~ Drive Hard ~ Graduated Import Tuning 101: Hondas. Next, Nissan! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just make sure to keep it legal and don't kill yourself by trying to show off.
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ah.. how about big open places where I can safely practice some driving techniques? I'm more interested in learning how to take curves better.. basically practising basic autocrossing techniques as I'm still a newbie.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
goto a track where its safe and legal, if you mess up doing a turn on the street you can plow through any number of stationary objects, at least on a track set-up for autocrossing all you can hit(usually) is a 3lb rubber cone.
__________________
Name: Scott Stable Of Cars I have Owned: 1991 Honda CRX 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2003 Honda Accord 1998 Chrysler Concorde 2007 Honda Civic 1997 Toyota Camry 1995 Saturn SC2 1996 Ford Taurus 1991 GMC Sierra 2002 Daewoo Leganza 1999 Dodge Ram 2007 Honda CR-V 2003 BMW 325i |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
[quote]Ah.. how about big open places where I can safely practice some driving techniques? I'm more interested in learning how to take curves better.. basically practising basic autocrossing techniques as I'm still a newbie.[/quote
There is a HPDS (High Performance Driving School) at VIR next month. I think there are still openings and if you are a http://www.honda-tech.com member you get $100 off! So it's $199 for two days of high speed fun. I will be there and it's February 16/17. You can do one day or both days. Several of us are going to meet at the hotel in Danville. But there are also Evolution Schools and Novice Schools held by your local autocross region. http://www.autocross.com/evoultion http://www.scca.org
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Is there a website for the HPDS at VIR? I can't make it that weekend and want to see if they have a schedule of upcoming courses posted.. and also other info they might have.
Thanks, S. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
http://www.nasaproracing.com and go to the Virginia site.
There's also a SpeedTrial event the following weekend for the same price. http://www.speedtrialusa.com You can also spectate - i Just don't know where though.
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|