-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
strix9 strix9 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 89 camaro RS

Ok so I drive over to my friends house. I forget something in my car so I go back, open the door. I notice the dome light doesnt come on. THen I notice My Radiator fan, dash lights, tail lights, all that stuff doesnt work. By some miracle the the car starts perfectly and the headlights still work. I checked every fuse. All is well. All the ground wires I could find look okay. Could of missed one or two. Anybody know how to fix it?[
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2004, 03:39 PM
mike123 mike123 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 385
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 89 camaro RS

maybe double check? altho what you listed run off differnt fuses , so might be a short somewhere? check the grounds um might be the switch? id ont know ive never had this problem
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2004, 07:37 PM
89IROC&RS's Avatar
89IROC&RS 89IROC&RS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 89 camaro RS

accessory fuse circuit. get a test lamp on the fuses? im assuming you just pulled em and looked at em. rather than puting a test light on em. test for power on the circuit, chances are its dead. if everything else works, then power is probly ok, but you probly have a dead ground, ill look through my wiring schematics and see if i can point ya in the right direction.
__________________


Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2004, 10:36 PM
strix9 strix9 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
still trying

I have to say I dont know all that much about cars. Especially the electricle system. I looked unfer the dash and only saw one ground wire and it looks perfect. No tears in the wire or anything. The crazy thing is my cd player still works and my headlights too. Drove it for a while but without the radiator fan it heats up damn quick. is there a specific place I I need to check? Also I found a fuse tat was melted into the baord. It said hazard by it think its been like that for a while though. Please help me
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts