-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-22-2004, 04:43 PM
davidf379 davidf379 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

I've had my Rodeo for about 2 years now. I didn't buy it new. Ever since I've owned it it pulls to the right. I had the dealer do an allignment and another tire and suspension place do one also. I've had the tires rotated and balanced and even replaced the bearings in the front wheels. My warranty is up and I don't want to take it to a mechanic to troubleshoot it and charge me. Does anyone have any advice on what else could be wrong? This is about to drive me crazy. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2004, 06:21 PM
amigo-2k amigo-2k is offline
Isuzu Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,386
Thanks: 2
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

It could be due to the crown in the road.

and I think that I read (not sure) that isuzu's drift to the right as a saftey feature.

Mine drifts to the right too (2000) and I had it aligned and it still drifts.
-Ryan
__________________
-Ryan
Isuzu Moderator

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2004, 01:20 PM
davidf379 davidf379 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

I think I heard that it's a safety feature too. It's just wearing out my tires. Thanks for the input.
-David
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-24-2004, 11:49 AM
rodeo02 rodeo02 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I don't buy the "safety feature" thing. That's crazy! . David- are you still on the tires that came with it? Maybe it's a bad tire, or you have one or two that are slightly different diameters (worn). These trucks if equiped with 4x4 need all 4 tires the exact same diameter or you will get driveline bind. Also, make SURE you are running the air pressure specified on your door jamb label for stock sized tires, IIRC- 26psig. More than a pound or two difference causes my rodeo to handle badly.
G/luck
Joel
__________________
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i base CVT
2016 Nissan Quest SV
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2004, 12:00 PM
95.5 Rodeo's Avatar
95.5 Rodeo 95.5 Rodeo is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo02
I don't buy the "safety feature" thing. That's crazy! .
I don't either, I think it would be safer if the car just drove straight. My Rodeo goes straight down the road when I let go of the wheel. I'd look at the things Joel mentioned and for a dragging caliper on the passenger side, especially if it pulls hard to the right while braking.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Dale
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2004, 02:00 PM
davidf379 davidf379 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

The things Joel mentioned all checked out. I am still running on the same tires and it's time to replace them. Someone else mentioned the dragging caliper. I'll have to check that out Dale. Thanks for the help guys.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:51 AM
dannyd74 dannyd74 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

I have a 2001 Rodeo as well, and mine pulled quite hard to the right too. The first alignment shop said the caster was misaligned, but it was fixed and couldn't be adjusted. I took it to another alignment shop and with some shims and a little work they got it to drive straight again. I do notice that my right front wheel rubs on the wheel well while turning in reverse, but I'll live with that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:59 PM
2eyefishclaw's Avatar
2eyefishclaw 2eyefishclaw is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 828
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2eyefishclaw Send a message via Yahoo to 2eyefishclaw
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

the problem is not with alignment guys and no its not the road an alignment shop can make it stop pulling but your tires wont last as long the problem is withride height which can be adjusted from the torsion bars if you measure you will find the right side of the vehicle is higher than the left just lift the right a little to even it out with the left this should take care of your issue
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Dimitrix Dimitrix is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dimitrix
Re: 2001 Rodeo pulls to the right.

I had big pull to the right with my '00
After I got new tires & balancing & alignment, it went away. With new tires turning wheel is easier too, less vibration at huge speeds (althought its slowly coming back).

The only slight pull i get is from the road curve
Dimitry
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts