-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Mike75 Mike75 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bumper removal - Is it possible?

Another problem *sigh*

My '93 overheated the yesterday, and since I just got the fluids changed at Jiffy Lube the other day, I took it back to them. They said that my radiator tank was cracked, and I believe them because the car had been in an accident before, and the bumper is bent slightly upward on the passenger side.

Well, I bought a new radiator today, but am afraid to put it on because of the bent bumper. I don't want a slight jolt to crack this radiator as well. So I went to the junkyard to look for a new bumper (hoping that my frame isn't bent, too) and found several. The only problem is that the damn things are welded on!

If any of you guys know of a good way to get the bumper off of the frame, it would be greatly appreciated. Once I get it the two bumpers off, I'm just gonna bolt the better one on to mine - since I don't know how to weld.

**There is a plate at the end of each post that is welded onto the actual bumper on each side. I want to seperate each plate from the bumper so that I can just bolt the bumper to the plate when I'm done.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts