-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-17-2004, 02:04 AM
jajimo's Avatar
jajimo jajimo is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post Trying my hand at 2D

Okay, so I put the 3D Silvia on hold and decided I'd see what I could do with just two dimensions. After all, you can achieve better looking results faster =) The car took me about 3-4 hours and the avatar of myself took about 2-3 hours.



A lot of the detail is hidden because I shrunk it down and converted it from PSD to Jpeg, and there's some distortion as well. It was pretty time consuming but when you're waiting for a girl to call and she doesn't until 11:55PM, you have a lot of time to do whatever you want...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2004, 02:46 PM
jajimo's Avatar
jajimo jajimo is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Trying my hand at 2D

In case you're wondering, that's not just a Photoshop edit, so it doesn't belong under "Graphic Manipulation". Albeit, I did it in Photoshop, all the lines were drawn myself, but I figured I'd cut out the middle-man of drawing it onto paper, scanning it into Photoshop, and than re-"inking" it, and just go straight to drawing it in Photoshop. No special layers, filters or effects were used. Just the plain old brush tool, "Shift" key, gradiant tool, and paint bucket.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2004, 02:54 PM
castback's Avatar
castback castback is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 833
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to castback Send a message via MSN to castback
looks good. you need a background.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2004, 07:02 PM
metal metal is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to metal Send a message via MSN to metal
Re: Trying my hand at 2D

Nice work, what a coincidence. I saw this pic, and your 3d silvia on car domain last night when I was browsing through all of the Silvias
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2004, 12:03 AM
jajimo's Avatar
jajimo jajimo is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Trying my hand at 2D

Gotta host somewhere right? And that Silvia in your sig was the inspiration, I think the owner's Cardomain name is like wide_s15 or something similar. An absolutely beautiful car... well, with the exception of the giant spoiler (hence why I left it off), but I guess when your car is that nice you can do whatever you want to it =P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2004, 12:12 AM
jajimo's Avatar
jajimo jajimo is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Trying my hand at 2D

Oh, and I was working on a background, but I have way too much shit to do now =( Midterm tommarow morning, 4-6 page essay due Wednesday, Calc quiz Tuesday, =(

Just a small snapshot of what the background will look like.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts