-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-16-2004, 08:59 PM
bigjoe bigjoe is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 86 Cutluss Supreme

I have a 305 V8 4 barrel Cutlass Supreme. Starts ok but as soon as it reaches normal temp the car starts to lose power and starts to hesitate. I have changed the spark plugs, distribute cap, rebuilt the carb.Any ideas what I can do next?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2004, 09:04 PM
bdog46 bdog46 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 86 Cutluss Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe
I have a 305 V8 4 barrel Cutlass Supreme. Starts ok but as soon as it reaches normal temp the car starts to lose power and starts to hesitate. I have changed the spark plugs, distribute cap, rebuilt the carb.Any ideas what I can do next?

Joe--sounds a bit like the catalytic converter might be about stopped up. Disconnect it from the exhaust pipe at the front end and see how it runs then. I've had that problem with mine. Ed--86CS
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts