-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-11-2002, 12:55 PM
JE123's Avatar
JE123 JE123 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UPS trucks can really move.

I got behind one today in a 45 mph zone and could barely keep up with the damn truck. I had to floor it and hit 80 to keep up with him. I was going to pass him just for the hell of it but there were cars coming the other way. Then we came to a stop sign and went our separate ways.
__________________
-Joshua
  #2  
Old 01-11-2002, 01:01 PM
DVSNCYNIKL's Avatar
DVSNCYNIKL DVSNCYNIKL is offline
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,253
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I used to race their trucks while I was employed there.
__________________
Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
  #3  
Old 01-11-2002, 01:04 PM
spnx's Avatar
spnx spnx is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Who the heck makes those trucks, anyway?

I never see any trucks like them with any other company, just UPS.

They have no visible manufacturer's logos.

Do they own a truck factory somewhere, churning out their own trucks?
  #4  
Old 01-11-2002, 01:06 PM
DVSNCYNIKL's Avatar
DVSNCYNIKL DVSNCYNIKL is offline
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,253
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
If I'm not mistaken, the older trucks we've come to know and love are french built. I believe the newer ones on the road are actually built by the truck company Grumman.
__________________
Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
  #5  
Old 01-11-2002, 01:15 PM
spnx's Avatar
spnx spnx is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Suspected they might be Grumman.

They make one hell of a tough aluminium canoe too. No fun to portage at 85 lbs, but you can run over rocks in it without even flinching.

But I digress...
  #6  
Old 01-11-2002, 01:27 PM
DVSNCYNIKL's Avatar
DVSNCYNIKL DVSNCYNIKL is offline
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,253
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Quote:
Originally posted by spnx
but you can run over rocks in it without even flinching.

But I digress...
:hehehe::hehehe:
__________________
Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
  #7  
Old 01-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Psman32@af Psman32@af is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Psman32@af Send a message via Yahoo to Psman32@af
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
I used to race their trucks while I was employed there.
now thats a true way to race, where u dont ned to pay for damage, i wish i thought of it lol.
__________________
2005 Mercury Grand Marquis. 230 WHP 249 ft-lbs as measured by a mustang dyno.
  #8  
Old 01-11-2002, 03:15 PM
DVSNCYNIKL's Avatar
DVSNCYNIKL DVSNCYNIKL is offline
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,253
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Quote:
Originally posted by Psman32@af

now thats a true way to race, where u dont ned to pay for damage, i wish i thought of it lol.
Damage?

Man, those things are made of iron, only thing damaging those things is sea water. LMAO!
__________________
Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
  #9  
Old 01-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Psman32@af Psman32@af is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Psman32@af Send a message via Yahoo to Psman32@af
LMAO true although i was talking more about u racing the ups truck, although it doesnt really do any damage. shit, im talking again, ill shut up now. me+no sleep=alot stupidity.
__________________
2005 Mercury Grand Marquis. 230 WHP 249 ft-lbs as measured by a mustang dyno.
  #10  
Old 10-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Chevyman15004X4's Avatar
Chevyman15004X4 Chevyman15004X4 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: UPS trucks can really move.

How the hell did i find this old forum. Board I guess, but anyway I work at The UPS center and I say, damn. The drivers there put those trucks through hell and back every day. We live out where theres more dirt roads than most places and those trucks average about 250 miles a day and some spend half the day on dirt.

Most of the ones we have use a ford 300 inline 6 cylinder gas engine and every one in the fleet will about do 80. And yes, them alumanum boxes build by Grumman (GRU) are pritty darn tough but if you ever drive one, take ear plugs because all that alumanum banging around is real noisy.

I believe the quickest one I have come accross would be the frightliner sprinter (small tall think van looking thing) and it will get with that 5 cylinder mercedies diesle engine. (Although the last post in here is 2002 and that i belive was like the first year they were used.) Damn This is an old forum.

Funny thing is, even if you can keep up with them, you will be the one with the ticket. I DON'T THINK THEM GUYS EVER GET PULLED OVER!!!

Dang, this forum's last commit was mad 3 years ago.
  #11  
Old 10-17-2005, 11:04 PM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: UPS trucks can really move.

yeah, that means its dead. As in dont bring it back. Does no one read the rules?
  #12  
Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
street_racer_00's Avatar
street_racer_00 street_racer_00 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: UPS trucks can really move.

Oh my god, I still had my virginity when this thread originated...let it die already.
__________________
2000 Nissan Maxima SE, autotragic, sterling mist
My Max: Getting smoked by boosted cars since 2004
2004 AF award winner: longest time period w/o posting an actual street racing story
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
  #13  
Old 10-17-2005, 11:52 PM
TheStang00's Avatar
TheStang00 TheStang00 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,958
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: UPS trucks can really move.

dude they are fast though... didnt you guys see the comercial with the ups truck with the two jet engines on top...











OLD FREAKING THREAD!!!!! AHAHHHHHAHHHHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #14  
Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Drifty's Avatar
Drifty Drifty is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 726
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drifty
Re: Re: UPS trucks can really move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_racer_00
Oh my god, I still had my virginity when this thread originated...let it die already.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Me too so i feel ur pain... Matt CLOSE IT!!!
__________________


"When in doubt there is no doubt" - Robert DeNiro
  #15  
Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 AM
silentscreams85's Avatar
silentscreams85 silentscreams85 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85
Re: UPS trucks can really move.

woOhoo in before close!!!!
__________________

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brake pedal goes to the floor when truck is not moving - 97 Tahoe 4x4 jahworks123 Tahoe 2 01-14-2007 07:53 AM
Monster trucks getting really wet youcan Car Videos 7 02-17-2005 05:04 AM

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts